My planted 33 litre community - April 2013 rescape pg 8

Sophia

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

RIP scarlet badis.... this evening I was showing Neon this tank and I realised that Badi was missing, I realised I hadn't seen him for a few days at least :tears:

no sign of a dead fish whatsoever... he has been assimilated into the circle of life 3.gif

• 4 weeks later...

moved house a week ago, lost 1 moth catfish a week later.... he or she lost colour, looked weak and clamped fins and then died next day. RIP Hoover 2.

now in here I have the mosquito and dwarf rasbora, CPDs, danio erythromicron, golden bristlenose, 1 moth catfish... a host of minifish.

this tank is under observation at present, I have a recurring issue with a few strands of long green hair algae in among the twisted val, which needs to be thinned out, and since moving there is a lot more light in the room. Have turned the lights down to a lesser time frame while I see what the extra light does. Other than that not much to report. The java ferns and anubias are doing well.

I must say that I'm glad I moved the rasbora in here. While they didn't seem skittish in the loach tank, they seem yet more relaxed in among the twisted val and with other small companions. It might be almost a biotope even. It's nice to see the little orange guys mixed in with the others.

I haven't seen much of Hoover the moth catfish lately, I hope he's ok and not sulking since his friend died. :(

• 1 month later...

Tank update shot

CPD16sept2012.jpg

Hoover the moth catfish did die in the end but I never found his body. Willy Brisno the golden bristlenose also passed away in full googly eyed splendour.

The remaining 2 dwarf rasboras have gone to live at Ice222s to tempt her into buying some more and I've not got boraras brigittae (mosquito rasbora), the CPDs and the danio erythromicrons in here. I had another 2 oto in here and one of those died. I moved the remaining one to the loach tank. I won't get oto for this tank, don't know why but they don't last more than a month or 2 in here.

The 2 spotted dwarf rasboras have settled in well btw, they're gone really peachy, and swim up the front plenty. They also love the current by the outlet of my HOB filter. Prob get them a few more buddies next time I take Sherlock to Big King, since it's pretty close to HFF.

do it! get them some boyfriends and see if you can get fry.

After moving my remaining oto out of here this tank is going crappy again. There is a bloom of algae that looks rather like a white ringworm on one wall, I think it's that bacterial thing Jennifer mentioned and there is muck on the bottom and leaves as if I've stirred the gravel up. Some of my fish are looking a bit skinny too and I'm feeling rather disheartened about it. It needs a Tank Berocca to sort it out. :-?

• 2 weeks later...

had another death in here late last week - 1 emerald dwarf rasbora/ danio erythromicron, it wasted away.

The numbers are slowly dwindling in here, I think I now have 8 CPDs left, 4 erythomicron, and 4 mosquito rasbora.

Still getting hair algae in the twisted val and a bit of crud algae/bacteria in a corner, a little brush or beard algae here and there, but I'm not overly concerned about it now, I just clean it up from time to time. Everything looks better when the glass is clean, even if it's covered in algae. One day I will some more ferts and dose every day like Jennifer suggested :sage:

• 4 weeks later...

I started fertilising more regularly and this tank has greened up well and lots of new growth (Jennifer told me so!). I now have 2 small barthii swords that seem to be doing OK and the parviflorus sword is also putting out more leaves.

left side of the tank - see the single red leaf in the middle behind the rock? It seems to be a crypt that was in here wayyyy back maybe 2 years ago, I think it was walkerii, one of my first ones from Supasi. It popped up over the weekend and has doubled in size over a week. I wonder if it will keep on living. This is the tank where crypts just mysteriously died even with lots of ground ferts and then I gave up and put them in the other tank.

IMG_1788.jpg