Any corydoras breeders out there?

Joshlikesfish

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried breeding my sterbai a while ago, and successfully got one fry to adult from hundreds :roll: . The problem I had was their bellies became swollen and they died. I have plenty of spare tanks so happy to try again if anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it?

My coris are getting it on!!! I've never seen them do it before. I've seen the eggs on the glass but i've never seen a female cori with eggs in her back fins before. Its so cool to watch. and they just keep on going too.

its fascinating!

also, Once they breed, Would I need to remove the parents? or just leave them?

They'll do better if you feed them a variety of foods, mine get shrimp pellets, white worms, frozen blood worms and the occasional algea wafer that I put in for th GBAs

And if it is bare bottomed tank you can take the eggs out quite easiely and pop then in an eggubator

07042011138.jpg

I have my pandas in a normal tank with silica sand and largish rocks for the babies to hide in till they get bigger.

I would be interested in some fry if you are successfull, have had a lonely girl for 2 years now, haven't seen any down here for a while

I have had some other fish lodging with the corys this week and as they are surface dwellers I hung the java moss from the top of the tank so they'd have somewhere to hide. With the moss out of the way I've been able to spy on the corys more and have been able to see them sucking up their worms like spaghetti, very funny. I think my females are quite big for pygmies, I hope they will breed soon. Still gotta find them a plastic plant, going hunting this weekend.

Sophia, have you thought about trying novotab? Mine love the stuff.

Just got home and topped the cory tank up with cold water. Hoping to find eggs in the morning!

Nice work waterlogged. Eggs are awesome.

My grandparents love coming into my fish room and discovering baby fish. They're more interested in platies and guppies breeding rather than catfish fanning eggs though :sml2: