The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm 37 in March, got asked for ID at the supermarket last month.

I hope this happens to me at 37. I will be so pleased!

I can go to most of the pubs here without being asked for ID, but the other week I was asked for ID at Mitre 10 because the clear coat paint I was buying was in a spray can. I don't understand how i'm considered "responsible" because i'm an adult or what the point of it was.

No time to ponder this, must feed my first little batch of bristlenose babies! So cute.

i am glad they are vigilant when selling spray paint. cleaning degenerates indecipherable scribbles off your fence ain't cool.

sure, it does seem a bit silly considering it was clear coat, but when store policy is to check id when selling spray paint, a good employee would not make exceptions to policy at their own personal discretion. spray paint is also frequently purchased for use as an intoxicant, a very harmful one at that, and whether coloured or clear... dat stuff gon git u hiiiiiigh yo

You say that, but a girl at my high school died from huffing. It had a huge affect on many people at the school (and obviously her family and friends). The reality is that with all the pressures teenagers face (and massive hormone changes affecting decision making) you can't just say it's their choice

with all the pressures teenagers face (and massive hormone changes affecting decision making) you can't just say it's their choice

we all have been teenagers as well, we all have had massive hormone changes and pressure but we are still here and we did not sniff glue, paint or LPG, I would say it's their choice as it was our choice not to do it back then...

That wasn't very nice of you Caryl :tears:

I merely demanded that my husband remove ours :dnc1: It must have been there all night because the window was closed before we went to bed. Glad I didn't find the thing in the night or the neighbours would have been woken by my squeals.

we all have been teenagers as well, we all have had massive hormone changes and pressure but we are still here and we did not sniff glue, paint or LPG, I would say it's their choice as it was our choice not to do it back then...

that's a pretty cold way of looking at things. everyones lives are different and everyone faces different obstacles. in my late teens i lost my older brother. it damn near destroyed me. my parents were grieving pretty bad and i felt i couldn't unload on them. not being good at expressing emotion i turned to drugs and alcohol to numb the pain. and i grew up in a supportive and fairly well off family. i can't even imagine how some kids these days feel about life when they grow up in impoverished and abusive households. the reality is that for some people life is harsh and the desire to escape it for a while can sometimes mean losing it altogether.