November 10, 201114 yr comment_461321 what colour? handreared? Great birds, they create Bird soup every day so you have to replace their water every day. Like to bath often, mine loves cashews. http://www.mresource.com/Birds/PERPET.htm a good guide for ringnecks. A blue handreared. Fell in love with her at work and ended up buying her Will post a photo at some point. Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_461458 My fighter fish was put to sleep this morning, might have been the first fish I've ever buried :tears: . He'd been laying around on the bottom of the tank panting a bit and extremely lethargic for 3 days. I had tried water changes and increased heat, added salt, stopped food thinking he was constipated, inspected for velvet and ich, nothing stood out for a reason. This morning he was almost completely still I thought he was already dead. He had lumps under the skin and was favouring one side. When I did get him to swim he sunk to the bottom again. There was some sort of lesion on his back that also mysteriously appeared. He looked extremely beaten up but had been in there alone. Odd but there you go. The upside is that I have a spare tank to add to my breeding experiment. In other news I got 3 more female dwarf rasbora and put them in their side of the other tank but not in a lunchbox this time. Got some marbles for the bottom and am just blocking up the biggest holes on the other divider by siliconing mesh over them. In the end there will be 3 compartments, one for males, one for females, one for marbles and eggs where they 2 will meet in the middle and hopefully do some spawning. Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_461470 today I finally got round to using the forum again. I also was recently succesful in aquiring a new job. :happy2: :happy1: Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_461525 cleaning my fish room and got a nail in the hand..typeing hard with one hand tho.. &c:ry Report
November 13, 201114 yr comment_461535 Trying to grow a little diachodra grassy area for my future dog, but snails are eating all the little leaves . Gotta go on a killing spree tonight, no using pellets either, don't want puppy eating those Report
November 13, 201114 yr comment_461538 when do you get the pooch and have you decided on a name yet? Report
November 13, 201114 yr comment_461544 did you see the thread she started about the sort of dog she's getting? A name that implies reference to a mud covered farmyard hound will not befit this little Prince Pooch in the making.... :sml2: Report
November 13, 201114 yr comment_461547 call it Killer. I'm on the hunt for some motivation - anybody got any they don't need? Report
November 13, 201114 yr comment_461552 nope, I'm using mine to make ME a shirt this time - don't laugh. Just having a little rest to recharge my braincells before starting The Collar what do you want to motivate yourself to do? Report
November 13, 201114 yr comment_461556 what do you want to motivate yourself to do? :dunno: Something more than watching motorbikes on tv. Maybe I'll shoot some dudes in Battlefield 3. Report
November 13, 201114 yr comment_461589 WELL I am pleased to announce that my previous breeding project worked, which I discovered this evening when going to feed the new rasborian experimentees! Swimming above the marbles in the breeding section and some in the male rasbora section were about 6 CPD fry, maybe a week old at the most. I thought I had given those guys plenty of time to hatch before giving up on them but obviously not. The rasbora are completely ignoring them and I've given them a feed of decapsulated brine shrimp eggs. Have also found that the marbles hide daphnia pretty well too so there will be all sorts of live food available at different times. I have decided to keep on with the current project as it seems they will survive since they made it this far, and when they are big enough to catch and count I'll move them into the spare tank to grow out. If these 6 survive I will have enough to register them. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Report
November 13, 201114 yr comment_461602 :nilly: :nilly: :nilly: Maths exam tomorrow! :digH: :digH: Report
November 13, 201114 yr comment_461632 when do you get the pooch and have you decided on a name yet? Getting it in two weeks, and most likely calling it Sherlock. Gonna wait till I get it to decide on any name with certainty though, since I'll probably know once I see it. The pic you linked is adorable btw! Also nice going with the breeding :thup: :thup: :thup: ! I really need to stop filling up all my tanks so quickly, and do up the big tank so I can start some breeding again . Baby fish are oh so cute Report
November 14, 201114 yr comment_461691 I caught 2 fry in the male rasbora section and put them in with their cousins this evening. There are at least 6 I'm sure. Sherlock is a cute name but what would you shorten it to? Sherly? I thought of another name for him today - Chan - short for Chanel to satisfy your luxury criteria but also a good popular Hong Kong name :sml2: Report
November 14, 201114 yr comment_461715 I caught 2 fry in the male rasbora section and put them in with their cousins this evening. There are at least 6 I'm sure. Sherlock is a cute name but what would you shorten it to? Sherly? I thought of another name for him today - Chan - short for Chanel to satisfy your luxury criteria but also a good popular Hong Kong name :sml2: Well it's only 2 syllables to begin with , but if I'm to cutesify it I suppose I could call him Locki! Report
November 14, 201114 yr comment_461720 Planning to do some more gardening over the break, got some okra and basil sprouting at the moment and have a very nice raised planter near my front door that gets full sun that I could put several plants in. BUT big problem is the soil. It's got smallish bits of rock/broken tiles and other junk mixed in it. Plus it doesn't soak in water well at all. When I pour water on it, it just runs off the surface. I'm guessing it's too sandy. I want to replace the soil, or at least remove a decent portion of it so that I can mix in some decent soil or compost, but how do you dispose of soil and small rocks? In other news, my war against snails have been very successful! Last night was the first night, I caught about 30 odd snails (all within an area of about 1.5m squared...) and tonight I only found about 5 :happy1:. I do feel a bit mean, since some of the snails actually make a squeaking noise as I pick them up and dump them in the tub of salt water I had waiting for them. Thank god I had disposable chopsticks and am skilled enough to efficiently pick snails with them. I'm not keen to touch them with my hands at all. Bleh! Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_461757 Y does the physics, Math and Biology Exams have to be all in a row one day after another. :an!gry :evil: :an!gry Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_461820 Some how i don't think you will be able to Do the Electromagnetism Paper,And you Definitely won't be able to do the Waves paper. I need some slaves.. :gigl: Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_461829 Pfft electromagnets like what B=kI/d, or iron cores, pssh don't know anything bout waves though. I bet you dont know much about the Maori movies and short stories we did either :roll: , C...B...Bothered... Studying for english Report
November 15, 201114 yr Author comment_461835 Am I the only one here who doesn't care about exams? Breezed English, don't care about Physics and not fussed for Math, life's good 8) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.