The What's Up? thread.

SamH

whilst i'm tempted to make the obligatory chauvanist comment, it would detract from how impressed i am that you can just whip up up a shirti i once made a pillowcase. it was ugly, didn't fit a pillow and fell apart.

:sml2:

I didn't mean to blow my own horn at all, it has taken literally weekends and weekends of doing a bit here and there as each new technique got bedded into my brain. It was made easier by being a collarless shirt, the last one I tried to make him had an open neck like a hawaiian shirt and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth before I finally gave up. My husband had just about given up on this one ever being finished and had more than once told me he wasn't going to ask me to make him anything again :nilly:

I am once again in the good books though now it's nearly done :kiss:

I have a lovely male with quite a bit of red on his tummy for sale for $35. I do understand the price of turks have gone up a bit from what I've been told, but I wouldn't sell anything for over $35 though :)

well you should if you can make a bit of money, and of course the shipping is free, they can fly themselves up here :facepalm:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the way back from the pet shop (we bought a new bell for Lil' Malt Cheese Ball as well because he chewed the last one off his collar) we had to stop at Rush Munroe's Ice Cream Parlour.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words...

Maple-Walnut-Sundae.jpg

Maple Walnut Sundae in foreground and Passionfruit in the background.

Picked up a new three seater couch for in front of the 1400L tank today. I think I'll have to start spending a bit more time out there!

:happy2:

... Rush Munroe's Ice Cream Parlour.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words...

Evil, evil woman.... !drool:

Kevin suggested the correct phrase should have been 'a picture is worth a thousand calories...'

Sam, you down this way for the hols - you can buy one yourself! They have fishponds at Rush Munroe's as well.

Picked up a new three seater couch for in front of the 1400L tank today. I think I'll have to start spending a bit more time out there!

Where do we buy tickets?

oh, and it must really suck to have rush munroes as your local :roll: :D :slfg:

also - didn't make the pet expo meeting. :oops:

Pretty much a necessity, the couch in front of my tank is the new lounge 8) who needs a tv...

Zev, I am sooo jealous! Rush Munroes is a family tradition, Dad grew up in Hastings and as kids we used to spend school holidays down there with his parents until they moved up to Whangarei. I still make a point of going there at least once if ever I'm in the area. Malted Milk or Manuka Honey peak cone FTW!!

Where do we buy tickets?

Any time. Next addition is a bar fridge... :thup:

Signed a job contract today :happy1:

First time working without having my parents find me the job too!

Well done. Is that for Takanini or something/somewhere else?

In other news - I'm sick of chasing whatever is wrong in my tank. Still getting pandas and lemons flashing occasionally and I've now got a heckelli in quarantine as it has been extremely out of sorts and not eating. Is now sitting on the bottom of a bare 3 foot tank looking very unamused.

Got a permanent shift at Mt Eden :o

Have been really sick since wednesday night and I missed my first two shifts :facepalm: :lol:

Sorry to hear about your tank. You've probably already been asked, but whats the temp?

Sweet, will have to pop in and say hi when you actually get there.

Tanks running at 25.8 consistently. Might have to go for a UV filter at some point in the near future...

PRO TIP: If you're bored at home these holidays, go for a walk. Sure the gameplay isn't nearly as exciting as Black Ops but the graphics and audio quality is AMAZING! Full surround sound even :lol: