Hey... What is this ?

Deepsound

Living Art, I was waiting such an answer from you ! :slfg: :slfg: :slfg:

Thunderous applause for Bdspider and MarkLB : it's Tycho's Supernova Remnant.

Discovered by Tycho Brahe, a danish astronomer. Visible to the naked eye, it appeared on november 11, 1572, in the constellation Cassiopeia, 8,000 / 9,800 light-years from us. . As bright as Jupiter, they could see it even at noon in a clear sky.

Here's what he reported :

"On the 11th day of November in the evening after sunset, I was contemplating the stars in a clear sky. I noticed that a new and unusual star, surpassing the other stars in brilliancy, was shining almost directly above my head; and since I had, from boyhood, known all the stars of the heavens perfectly, it was quite evident to me that there had never been any star in that place of the sky, even the smallest, to say nothing of a star so conspicuous and bright as this. I wqs so astonished of this sight that I was not ashamed to doubt the trustworthyness of my own eyes. But when I observed that others, on having the place pointed out to them, could see that there was really a star there, I had no further doubts. A miracle indeed, one that has never been prevoiously seen before our time, in any age since the beginning of the world." (Tycho Brahe, Burnham's Celestial Handbook, 1572)

220px-Tycho_Brahe_Signature.svg.png

The gas shell we can see on the picture, is now expanding at about 9000 km/s...

Here's a video :

- http://youtu.be/RtCKVangyD8

Yes, it's an iris.

Human one.

This is the very first time I saw it with all its reliefs.

The iris appears as a crater; the pupil as a black hole.

I posted this picture because I like to see similarities between things completely different at first. Looking at things with some differents perspectives; if you watched the Dead Poets Society movie, you know what I mean.

So it's weird because when we're looking at / talking to someone, we do it right in the eyes. All the person is in the eyes. If they want to anonymise, they just hide the eyes. As we say : eyes are the mirror of the soul. But here, we can see eye as just a hole. And a hole, is nothing, an absence of material. Do you get the philosophical aspect of this picture ? :)

Now, take a look on Erik Johansson's job.

- http://alltelleringet.com/

and that absence of material is the entrance ro how we see the world

so nothing becomes something

I love this thought :bow:

As if to be something, the "nothing" is required before.

About the way we see the world, do you know this book from Oliver Sachs, neurologist : "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat" ?

Reality doesn't exist only by itself. Our brain build reality inside.

Humans are not rational : they rationalize reality. That's pretty different.

• 3 weeks later...