March 19, 201115 yr Author comment_426415 What a good job. Love it. Thanks! UPDATE 10 Cardinals added. No signs of algae yet.... still waiting for the new tank diatoms to show, I'm reluctant to trim the plants until the algae stage is past. I'm only half EI dosing at the moment and have the Co2 running 1.5bps. Waterchanges are every 3 days. I'm not happy with the needle leaf in the middle, it's too distracting. Report
March 19, 201115 yr comment_426420 Put it all in one corner (RHS) and let it grow. It'll be a lot better. Report
March 19, 201115 yr comment_426422 Wow that is so cool !drool: The Cardinals look excellent! They really suit the scape, and look nice together with the Black Phantoms. I see you still have a couple of Sundadanio axelrodi and the Emerald-eye Rasboras in there. Awesome Report
March 24, 201115 yr comment_427159 Put it all in one corner (RHS) and let it grow. It'll be a lot better. +1 Report
March 24, 201115 yr Author comment_427204 UPDATE Needle leaf from the middle has been moved, I'm hoping now the glosso will fill that gap. Will switch to full E.I dosing this weekend. A few signs of diatoms but nothing major Report
March 24, 201115 yr comment_427205 New tools arrived..... :nilly: Where did you get these tool's and how much did they cost if you dont mind me asking? Report
March 24, 201115 yr Author comment_427215 Where did you get these tool's and how much did they cost if you dont mind me asking? I got them from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Utopia-Tools-Profes ... 255447bc7b Report
March 27, 201115 yr Author comment_427633 UPDATE More moss and some Riccia added (thanks Sam!) Hairgrass and Glosso starting to spread nicely, the stems will be topped and replanted soon. A couple small outbreaks of diatoms but no other algae yet. Now full E.I dosing with 1.5mls of excel daily and Co2 running 1.5bps Report
March 27, 201115 yr comment_427645 No worries mate! It looks really good Make sure you keep that riccia nice and short or else it rots underneath :sick: Report
April 24, 201115 yr Author comment_431069 UPDATE :oops: Due to a very busy schedule recently and being away from home a lot over the last 2 months, the tank has taken a slide. My family has been daily dosing ferts and keeping up with weekly water changes but it looks like my Co2 has run out at some stage resulting in a few algae outbreaks. I had to hack to glosso right back as it was growing all over itself causing the bottom layer to slowly die. Report
April 24, 201115 yr comment_431117 No mechanical filtration? Or is that what that waver maker type thing on the RHS is? Report
April 24, 201115 yr Author comment_431119 No mechanical filtration? Or is that what that waver maker type thing on the RHS is? Running an Eheim 2224 with mech and bio. The wave maker is for extra flow to reduce the 'deadspots' The diffuser is now under the inlet pipe to increase Co2 distribution Report
April 24, 201115 yr comment_431123 Running an Eheim 2224 with mech and bio. The wave maker is for extra flow to reduce the 'deadspots' The diffuser is now under the inlet pipe to increase Co2 distribution Looks awesum! Love the Dragon stone - where does one find some of that? Report
April 24, 201115 yr Author comment_431125 Looks awesum! Love the Dragon stone - where does one find some of that? From HHF, I usually buy a few nice pieces every now and then just to have a selection of hardscape materials Report
April 30, 201115 yr Author comment_432080 Busy day.... Tanks had a big clean and plants an agressive trim. Glosso was looking tangled and messy so I've removed a few runners to allow space to spread. Made up some 4dkh solution today for the drop checker, hopefully will get more accurate readings now. I've ordered a new Co2 mist diffuser, ugly looking but great reviews. A small stone added to the front, I think it adds a little more depth. Might add a few more... Report
April 30, 201115 yr comment_432089 Looks great! The hairgrass at the back could do with being a little thinker towards the top, I'm not sure how you're trimming it, or aiming for, but just a suggestion. Also Once the rotala (?) Gets bigger it will look great. Very nice. !drool: Report
April 30, 201115 yr Author comment_432094 Looks great! The hairgrass at the back could do with being a little thinker towards the top, I'm not sure how you're trimming it, or aiming for, but just a suggestion. Also Once the rotala (?) Gets bigger it will look great. Very nice. !drool: Thanks! I know what you mean with the hairgrass... I was thined it out to promote some new growth, it was also spreading into the glosso making a right tangle :-? On the back left had side it's really thick.... The rotala is looking a little sad.... might hack them right down to get a nice bush going Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.