February 1, 201115 yr comment_419317 For those members who have gone back to school this year, how has it been so far? Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419319 Boring :lol: Just got a big speech on uniform and thats it A lot of the members of this forum will be glad to see schools started though :nilly: :lol: Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419326 ahhaha i dont go back till thursday :dunno: , but i am actualy realy excited to go back Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419329 Good on you myfishybusiness, and everyone else who enjoys school. For those who don't enjoy school due to 'social' reasons (read: bullying, harassment, popular groups etc). Have a look into the It Gets Better Project www.itgetsbetterproject.com It is mostly aimed at GLBT teens who are struggling at school, but the sentiment is broadly valid: School is a crazy time, the other kids can be vicious, but stick with it as the moment you graduate you leave the bullies behind and it really truly does get better. Whoever came up with the idea that school is the best years of your life was an idiot. Realising that those bullies are now life's losers and that there are communities of people just like you out there in the real world is an amazing feeling. Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419340 Whoever came up with the idea that school is the best years of your life was an idiot. Realising that those bullies are now life's losers and that there are communities of people just like you out there in the real world is an amazing feeling. I've never agreed with the best years of your life thing but it's a whole bunch more enjoyable than working. :sick: Haha. Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419345 I dropped out of college about ten years ago, no regrets at all. Starting Uni next Monday, should be interesting to say the least Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419347 I started last thursday. Was a little excited to get back. Get to see everybody, lots of "study" - AKA do nothing - periods, and lunch time leave. Apart from that, school is boring as per usual. If only school started an hour later. The extra sleep in would make it so much more enjoyable. Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419356 The extra sleep in would make it so much more enjoyable. I'd happily be at school from 9.40-4.15 instead of the 8.40-3.15 But thats life Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419358 I'd happily be at school from 9.40-4.15 instead of the 8.40-3.15 But thats life What I'd give to have hours like that again Enjoy them while it lasts. Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419375 I loved my high school years. I'm back at school today. The teens on Thursday Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419381 I kind of wish we had different schooling hours here, Rarotonga for example starts at like 6:30 an finishes at around 2, France actually have Wednesday off which is cool. I like to have an afternoon to do whatever - vegetate in front of tank. :roll: Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419384 Our kids come in to school today - all 570 of them, 55 are new arrivals :-? Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_419392 My first and only day this week.. only 1 Hour of school :happy1: Report
February 2, 201115 yr comment_419507 Leaving here in 10mins for my first day of Year 12. Two days of nothing but "Whanau" class :nilly: Report
February 2, 201115 yr comment_419520 My Kids sTarted School onTuesday. One is starting Intermediate this year, and has to lug around a Laptop. and has to catch the bus to and from school. (all new experiences for him) The other is now a senior at primary school and is enjoying it without big brother around. Report
February 3, 201115 yr comment_419598 I started college on Tuesday. Very boring, and there are lots of cocky, macho tryhards who think they're awesome :roll: But in science today we were taught how to use bunsen burners and then the teacher made stuff go poof :happy1: Report
February 3, 201115 yr comment_419655 Started back for my last year (13) on Wed at 11am. Its been okay so far, but as the year drags out I bet its going to get worse, got the tourism 10 night south paciffic cruise to look forward to in June !! Report
February 3, 201115 yr comment_419660 Very boring, and there are lots of cocky, macho tryhards who think they're awesome :roll: They're everywhere in life :lol: Report
February 3, 201115 yr comment_419682 Just spent an inordinate amount of time durasealing books for Miss Nine - I used to be really good at this, but my skills are deteriorating, either that or the duraseal is getting thinner and becoming harder to apply neatly :-? Report
February 3, 201115 yr comment_419690 My brother is still in high school hes in 5th form (2-3 years behind me), says all the new 3rd formers were trying to look as metro as possible with their flat beaked caps, dyed ratties and big skate shoes :lol: haha. My old school has super strict uniform codes; hair cannot touch the collar or cover the face, no dyed hair, no piercings, shirt tucked in always, socks up etc etc. My dad demonstrated some sort of sadistic pleasure in imagining the new kids getting kicked into line :lol:. It was fun sometimes being a prefect, I emulated scariness to 3rd formers 8) Just spent an inordinate amount of time durasealing books for Miss Nine - I used to be really good at this, but my skills are deteriorating, either that or the duraseal is getting thinner and becoming harder to apply neatly :-? Haha, my mum used to do that for me every year until college. Started back for my last year (13) on Wed at 11am. Its been okay so far, but as the year drags out I bet its going to get worse, got the tourism 10 night south paciffic cruise to look forward to in June !! Its the fastest year for sure, and HEAPS harder to maintain motivation for exams :roll: Report
February 3, 201115 yr comment_419694 Just spent an inordinate amount of time durasealing books for Miss Nine - I used to be really good at this, but my skills are deteriorating, either that or the duraseal is getting thinner and becoming harder to apply neatly :-? Mm yeah, my Mum's getting bad at it too Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.