Fish Room

Joshlikesfish

I have no clue. I'll try set it on fire later? :lol:

I think the grade of poly is somewhere in this thread

Haha yeah, the only reason I ask is that I remember as a kid lighting ploy on fire... it goes up in a matter of seconds, turning into a fireball.

Anyway, do you have the contact details for where you got your from?

Cheers.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah poly is great stuff to burn, I managed to score fireproof stuff when I did my poly lined rooms which made me sleep a bit easier, electricity+water+highly flammable stuff doesn't sound like a good recipe :) I got some cheap stuff from bondor in Auckland for under tanks..

And yeah Josh need some pics man.

Yeah poly is great stuff to burn, I managed to score fireproof stuff when I did my poly lined rooms which made me sleep a bit easier, electricity+water+highly flammable stuff doesn't sound like a good recipe :) I got some cheap stuff from bondor in Auckland for under tanks..

And yeah Josh need some pics man.

Not wanting to spoil your sleep but the "fireproof" stuff might not burn but it still melts and gives of really toxic fumes if there is fire or it gets too hot. Most countries have baned it for insulation now, NZ always seems to be 20 or more years behind the rest of the world when it comes to insulation

I chucked a chunk of it in the fire once to see what it would do and it certainly didn't catch fire, yeah would probably have given off some nasty fumes but would have been better than just turning into a raging inferno and destroying the garage in my books..

• 3 weeks later...

100_0229640x480.jpg

Insulation is all pre cut and ready to put in place :nilly:

100_0232640x480.jpg

100_0233640x480.jpg

All tank spaces are ready and waiting for tanks and poly :nilly:

100_0231640x480.jpg

Door is ready and waiting to be hung :nilly: (yes, its sideways, but thats because we carpeted the wall and bolted everything too it :lol: )

100_0234640x480.jpg

Standing at the other end of the fish room

100_0235640x480.jpg

Stand thats being turned into a betta barracks

oh man, I didn't even get a glance in the door! :dunno:

Sorry there weren't many guppies in that batch. The plants in their tank are taking over and it was a pain to catch them.

You seemed in a hurry! And it was a massive mess today as we put the gib up :nilly:

The guppies are AWESOME. They're all chilling with my maccus. Going to thin it down to a solid trio for the breeding

• 4 weeks later...

Drum roll please...

100_0291.jpg

:happy1:

Rooms sitting around 25 degrees, which is a lot warmer than the rest of the garage. Noticed all my tanks were a few degrees warmer than normal so I've been able to turn the heaters down.

Theres still a few gaps towards the ceiling that need plugging up so I'm rather confident that the room will work :thup:

Also came home from school to these

100_0296.jpg

Horrid picture, but they're my first corydoras eggs ever. Trilineatus :happy2:

Need to get a camera thats a bit better. My current one doesn't allow me to focus on anything

I'm interested to see how much its going to help in terms of power :nilly: