Fish Room

Joshlikesfish

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just found out that I can no longer rely on my parents for anything... So I cant build a wall :roll: Grandad doesn't have the tools nor the ability to build one, and neither do I. I also cannot pick up my poly...

What I do have though is a stand that my father made me that will fit 6 tanks for fighters. Just need turn it into one like this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 147242.htm

Or should I just close down tanks and stop with the fighters and just try clowns? Once winter hits the power bill will sky rocket and we wont be able to afford it

When there's a will, there's a way right? :wink:

Fighters will provide some sort of income I guess. If I keep the running costs below what I earn... Just means I need to sell a lot of fighters and have minimal costs. I think its possible especially if I get onto something really nice. Saw a black flame sell on TM for $65. I have a male and female. Even at 20 per male i'd be over the moon.

Clowns don't look like they're going to do anything anytime soon. But I know I need to wait. Patience is important with the species, or so a clued up man told me :wink: I could always keep one nice display tank in my room and if I do end up with fry just grow them out in the tank

There isn't really a budget. Its just that I no longer have the means to obtain the poly or put up the wall. But thats alright. I could always turn the shed into my fish room. Thats already built and has power. Just need to insulate and replace the door, one wall and the roof...

hmmmmm. Maybe I could just go without

• 4 weeks later...

You could probably get away with untreated wood but it would be worth getting treated for at least the lower pieces in case you have a big spill and water gets inbehind.

If you plan to remove the poly I would fasten it as I have suggested already, if it is going to be there forever and you aren't going to want to pull it down then no more nails or silicone it up. Remeber that silcone is a sealant not a glue.

This is the same as Ryanjury said but just said differently :lol:

Yes you still need to mechanically fix the poly to the wall with e.g. flat head nails.. but seal joints with silicone

You could do the bottom plate (piece of wood that runs along the floor that the studs sit on top) in treated timber (H3.1) and the rest untreated.

You could probably get away with untreated wood but it would be worth getting treated for at least the lower pieces in case you have a big spill and water gets inbehind.

unless you plan on getting H3.2 (CCA) treated timber the rest is a waste of time. H1.2 is for stopping borer & H3.2 is a wet treatment, i wouldn't & haven't bothered with 3.2.