Wedding ideas for a budget

supasi

I need ideas for a wedding reception for approx 50 people.

Am thinking of having the wedding ceremony at one location , mid afternoonish, and then maybe having the reception at a local sports clubrooms/hall.

Budget is the important factor, but in saying this I have no idea what sort of budget we will be limited to.

I need ideas for food etc. Was thinking of a salads and BBQ style keeping it fairly casual, but am open to ideas.

Would be looking around March for the time of year so weather will be alot warmer.

Please help while I still have hair left. :o

from memory (my wedding was 8 years ago) the minimum you can spend is around $5k & that's before anyone eats or drinks anything. that's for things like dresses for bride & bridesmaids, the suits, rings, marriage licence, cars, venue & chatel hiring etc etc. $5k would be the minimum, you could spend as much as "she" wants.

We plan on something basic. No fancy dress.

We going to do the food ourselves with help from family and borrow my mates Holden for the car.

No brides maids just the witnesses. Im lucky as she is the tight one and wants to go cheap. LOL

My advice is you need to make a day that works for you both and remember the guests are there to celebrate your day and you are not just hosting them at a big feed and free booze.

Some things are worth going into debt for because this is going to be the most important day of your life so far.

As Smidey said, spend as much as she wants.

Am thinking of having the wedding ceremony at one location , mid afternoonish, and then maybe having the reception at a local sports clubrooms/hall.

Budget is the important factor, but in saying this I have no idea what sort of budget we will be limited to.

I need ideas for food etc. Was thinking of a salads and BBQ style keeping it fairly casual, but am open to ideas.

Would be looking around March for the time of year so weather will be alot warmer.

Cancel and run, there's still hope!

Things like wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses can be very expensive and you can get beautiful dresses for $200 to $250

Spit roast company is a lot cheaper than meals

apply to the council to use a park/beach for a venue.

Surf club hires out the pavillion for about $80 (from memory) that includes seating, tables, kitchen & all cutlery. We looked into it - but chose to have a hangi and pig on a spit at home. There are a couple of places in town that cater roast meals? I'd also recommend Mickeys for the liquor - they'll give you a discount/ good deal (if you ask) they delivered ours and even offered to take the un-opened left over drinks back. Maybe hire someone to do the bbq cooking as you dont want yourself or the guests to be worrying about that.

hello im getting married on the 16th october and were getting married at st davids chapel its a cute lil church were not churchies but i thought just incase it rains :o

so were paying $300 for that but that includes the celebrant. if we were to get married in the gardens or somewhere else we would had to of paid a extra $400 just for the celebrant!!!!

so the ceremony starts at 2pm and finishes id say around 3pm so then were off to my dads for the rest of the night were the hire quip place is putting up a huge marquee on the thursday so we have thursday friday to set it all up which we have been quoted $2600 for the marquee and table and chairs fingers crossed the plates and glasses are all in the deal.

were catering for at leaset 70-80 people were thinking of having the spit roast company catering they can either cook on site or bring it all cooked in heated trucks.

were looking at $2300 for the food,my dads paying for all the grog which i thinks gonna be around $1000 and my mums a professional sewer so shes making all my bridesmaid dresses and the flower girl dress for my lil princess.

my dress has been brought by my darling mum which i went dress shopping and found my dream dress it was $1800 :o but mum lives in oz so i got on the phone and asked her to ring around in oz and gave her the style number and she found on for $1100 :bounce: bonus good old oz so mum brought it and flew ova with it :bounce:

we still need to get the rings and acouple of the guys pants shirts and shoes!!!

the guys we have brought nice black pants and nice black shirts from farmers i think we paid $70 for the pants $40 for the shirts the shoes well they were $150 but the mother n law to be paid for 2 lots!!!

there ties are going to be made by my mum too they are going to be fushia pink the same colours as the bridemaids dresses :lol:

the guys aint to impressed lol

the flowers will come to around $400 and i still need to get my shoes and the bridesmaids but #1 shoe warehouse is where ill be going to get them were looking at $40 each.

well good luck and dont stress it will all work out just fine :D

Nine years ago we told everyone ( except a few who had to travel a long way) we were having a house warming with a hangi -then we got married in the garden.. well ok.. paddock beside our house . Loads of family and friends turned up.

The marriage celebrant was a friend who did it for nothing - and gave us a sheep for the hangi too.

We borrowed a small marquee. Booze was BYO.

My bridesmaid was our female Bullmastiff held my my sister. Best man was our male Bullmastiff held by Hubbys brother. Rings were on ribbons round the dogs necks.

Only expenses were my outfit ( hubby wore jeans and white shirt), ribbons for 4 dogs :D and food for hangi. Even our rings were ones we already had ( handed down).

Friends and family did the hangi- then we partied - some all night around the bonfire. We had a great day and many people told me it was the best wedding they had been to. We figured the marriage was more important than the wedding!

We had a photographer friend who was going to do the pics but he couldn't make it so we just have pics and video everyone took on the day. I am more than happy with that coz there are some good pics and honestly how often do you look at all your wedding pics? You do live your marriage every day though!

Good luck!

often bowling clubs have nice rooms to hire out especially if its not at a weekend (that includes friday) and if you use their bar, guests buy their own and no pressies, its often less expensive

thats what i was going to suggest!

and club prices are a bit lower that normal bar prices.

Back when I was in the band we played at hundreds of weddings so I have seen lots of different types of gatherings but one of the funniest was here in Chch. Some friends invited everyone to their engagement party at the local rugby club and right in the middle of the party, they arrived all dressed up in their bride and groom uniforms and proceeded to walk down the isle, so to speak. People were texting like mad and soon there were many more people at the party but it was pretty amusing and no doubt pretty cheap. People just purchased drinks at the bar as usual. It probably helped to have the party in the middle of the day so no expensive dinner was required.

We plan on something basic. No fancy dress.

We going to do the food ourselves with help from family and borrow my mates Holden for the car.

No brides maids just the witnesses. Im lucky as she is the tight one and wants to go cheap. LOL

It's your wedding ? :)

Want some french ideas for the food you're gonna do ? ;)

Easy to do, taste good and surprising ?