To ghost or not to ghost?

fish_fingers

No story to share Cricketman? This is what the thread is for, not to debate or offer explanations.

Wow, so a post that is in context of what was discussed is now off topic?

I have plenty of stories, things that would blow your mind, but until you can reach around and pull your head out of your own orifice, and realise that your posting something on the freaking internet, whereby it is at scrutiny for the world.

I have not said anything that is anywhere near debatatory, I merely offered a statement on my point of view. Thats what forums are for.

Maybe you could tell us how the air is up there on your high horse? egotistical megalomaniacs and elitist psychopaths perhaps shouldn't start threads? hmmm???

No story to share Cricketman? This is what the thread is for, not to debate or offer explanations.

hey FF, threads will always branch in differing directions depending on what is said. they never only get pics in a "post your pics" thread so you may want to consider there are sideroads to this highway of information & opinions :)

hey FF, threads will always branch in differing directions depending on what is said. they never only get pics in a "post your pics" thread so you may want to consider there are sideroads to this highway of information & opinions :)

I realize that Smidey, lets continue hearing peoples interesting stories.

• 1 month later...

This is what annoys me, people who make money from others peoples nievity. And this is what makes alot of people sceptic.

I dont doubt the that there is things that cant be explained by our current science, in fact I have a fair amount of experience in dealing with people or animals who are no longer with us in the physical, but those are my experiences, I would never try to make money from it.

Mainly what I have come across has been, more or less like a moment in time, which (usually) due to the extreme emotional circumstances, has left an imprint of sorts. Its like a video on loop, scary at times but completely harmless, most cases where harm is caused here its due to the person exerperiencing it over reacting.

The real scary ones are entities that have never been human, formed purely by negative energy (very rare cases positive energy) having no ties to the physical, and only raw, maliceous intentions they are not to pleasant.

When the large european ships starting arriving in ameria, the natives could no see the ship itself, only the people and the effect it had on the surrounding water. The idea of something so massive compiled of many different materials had never entered their minds. We dont see with our eyes we see with our brains, the brain sorts through all the infomation and only shows us what we are used to experiencing. Those early native americans we experiencing exactly that. Once they opened their minds to the new technology, once they stopped restrictingtheir vision, the ships became visable.

This is why some people experience things where others dont. Then there the huge amount of pranksters and hoaxes out there.

This is what annoys me, people who make money from others peoples nievity. And this is what makes alot of people sceptic.

It is unethical to leave a child or animal with someone who cannot properly take care of them, isn't it? The only right thing to do is ensure that the child or animal is removed to a healthy environment under the care of a qualified caretaker.

Money is the same, hence the phrase "A fool and his money are soon parted." :lol: It would be wrong to not screw a fool out of his money and put it in your own better care. :lol:

I didn't believe up until about October last year but now I am not certain.

I was sitting at the computer as I am tonight and something made me look down the hall. A shadow (human) went around the corner towards the lounge. I called out thinking it was my son arrived home but no, there was only myself in the house. Freaked me out at the time but now I wonder if it will happen again.

its a bidding war now. I do not think she should be selling that, and im surprised what people are willing to pay for it!!!

next time a fish dies, im selling its dead body.

Leave it outside in the sun for a week to dry then wrap it in a cloth and call it an egyptian mummyfish.

Poke it with a stick and sell it as a dead vampire fish.

Shoot it in the head and sell it as zombiefish that you only barely managed to kill before it started the zombie apocalypse.

Replace it with a similar living fish and sell it as a resurrected jesusfish.

Dye it green, sell it as an alienfish.

Dye it green and sell with a goldfish bowl full of goldfish as a leprechauncichlid.

Burn it to ashes in a fireplace then sell the ashes as a phoenixpleco

Before it dies put it in a blacked out box, sell it as schroedinger's catfish.

Sell it as a live fish that does tricks and is really really really good at playing dead.

Roll it in glue and then lots of cat/dog fur and call it a werewolf cichlid.

Sell a dead yellow fish as a blondefish, drowned to death.

Throw it as high as you can then sell it as New Zealand's first attempt at a fish astronaut(Failed)

Send an empty box and insist it's a black ghost knife fish and you just aren't open minded enough to see it.

Midas cichlid, started changing everything in its tank into gold, decided to keep it.

Leave it outside in the sun for a week to dry then wrap it in a cloth and call it an egyptian mummyfish.

Poke it with a stick and sell it as a dead vampire fish.

Shoot it in the head and sell it as zombiefish that you only barely managed to kill before it started the zombie apocalypse.

Replace it with a similar living fish and sell it as a resurrected jesusfish.

Dye it green, sell it as an alienfish.

Dye it green and sell with a goldfish bowl full of goldfish as a leprechauncichlid.

Burn it to ashes in a fireplace then sell the ashes as a phoenixpleco

Before it dies put it in a blacked out box, sell it as schroedinger's catfish.

Sell it as a live fish that does tricks and is really really really good at playing dead.

Roll it in glue and then lots of cat/dog fur and call it a werewolf cichlid.

Sell a dead yellow fish as a blondefish, drowned to death.

Throw it as high as you can then sell it as New Zealand's first attempt at a fish astronaut(Failed)

Send an empty box and insist it's a black ghost knife fish and you just aren't open minded enough to see it.

Midas cichlid, started changing everything in its tank into gold, decided to keep it.

i think i actually just pulled something laughing :)

I'm a skeptic. Apparently Southern Encounter has ghosts though (it's in a very old building in the square) Old co-worker claimed she'd often hear footsteps inside when it was closed. And see things fly off the shelf randomly. She said if I ever got scared by the ghosts, feel free to go home & not worry about cashing up that night (since I'd be alone in the shop)

But surprise surprise, nothing strange ever happened when I was there. :roll:

I think the human mind invents things when it doesn't understand. eg How early humans didn't know how thunder was caused so invented a god/the supernatural to explain it.

I think that trying to find reasoning for these experiences using todays sciences will never provide results or solid evidence. Most of it can be explained in a way that does require an open mind (I.e accepting the possibility that science doesn't have all the answers.... Remember the earth used to be flat!), but also makes alot of sense once you can connect the dots. Its not something worth bringing up in a forum such as this as it'll only create controversy (as we've already seen)

Anyways my story to share

I was 17 and my parents bought motels. We moved in there and they ran the place. 1 - 2 times per week, in the mornings we'd go downstairs to find all the cupboards & draws in the kitchen were open. We never used to hear anything, and it would be at random times in the night. We tried to catch it in the act but it never happened while any of us were awake.

I decided one night i'd open all the draws and cupboards to see what would happen. In the morning everything was closed and it never happened again