Some frog photos

Insect Direct

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true Alan unless the gene is multi focal and then you have an "expression" gene which switches the colour "on" or "off".

an example of this is say a boxer dog which has genes for 3 colours brindle which is dominant red which is recessive and white which is god knows what.

you can have an all white dog with pigment so not albino (never seen one of those) but it will have coloured pups

you can mate flashy dog to flashy bitch(flashy means a lot of white) and get block ( not much white) pups all becasue of the "switch" or "expression gene.

hope that makes sense.

It would seem here tho that the "albino" gene is unifocal as most of these guys are either one or other and that it may be sex dependant as some of these "guys" are not that fertile or survivable depending on sex....maybe?

probably best not to :lol:

Yeah breeding them for a few gens should give us more understanding.

Only one small spawn from albino so far this season, couple infertile.

My record is 4months croaking, lots of failed amplexing = finally one lot of eggs :roll: they really are a good challenge thats for sure. Id say by 2020 i should have some ready for sale :P

• 2 weeks later...
good to see thats someone have success with the albinos. you getting a good number of them now :hail::hail::hail:

cheers man. making head way slowly :D

wow thats the camera im planing to get a canon eos 550d how do you find it ? :hail::hail:

Great but i need a macro lense :P , or maybe just a tube thing so i can get better closeups. Still figuring out the basics really, but so far very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...