Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Icing

Featured Replies

What flavour icing do you put on banana cake? We always used banana essence and the icing was white but these days the preference seems to be for chocolate icing. As far as I am concerned, chocolate icing on banana cake is only acceptable if the cake is split in half with banana slices then whipped cream added to the centre.

  • Author

I would have thought those flavours would sort of clash with the banana though. I react badly to passionfruit :cry:

What flavour icing do you put on banana cake? We always used banana essence and the icing was white but these days the preference seems to be for chocolate icing. As far as I am concerned, chocolate icing on banana cake is only acceptable if the cake is split in half with banana slices then whipped cream added to the centre.

send both types to me (not Wok) and I will give you my honest thoughts on the subject

You are correct though, as a kid, it was always white icing but my daughters use chocolate

(to be honest I dont eat it)

3908319687_3ec0aef09a.jpg

I like generic buttery icing cos you can make it any colour.

And chocolate of course!

But I don't hugely like banana cake... maybe banana chocolate would be acceptable.

+1 lemon

but I have had rave feedback on a white chocolate icing I did once. Don't like white chocolate myself (if there is no cocoa in it, its not chocolate)

My fiancee is a choc icing purist, but I love cream cheese icing with orange zest - it goes surprisingly well on banana cake

mmmmmm cake 8)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.