Tiger Lotus bulb And Flower Photos. It's Flowering! Seeds

oeminx

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only guessing but I believe the seeds come from the dead flower, so im waiting to see what happen with it plus I'm to scared to cut it off just encase I am right.

The new flower bulb is about a 1/4 of the way to the surface now :D

From what I have read is that the flower is both sexes, and I think that i have successfully pollinated it, i have also collect pollen and stored it, does anyone know how long long it will stay viable for?

id imagine it would stay viable for a while. not sure though.

erm.. can the leaves be grown out of the water. cause i just cut about 12 - 15 palm sized leaves cause they were hogging up all the light :-? ; and I was wondering if they would be happy out of the water.

Wow, I've only just caught up with this thread and watched the video. Brilliant! :hail:

Regarding the pollen, it would have to be stored very carefully to remain viable for long. (Very dry, dark, cool conditions - but not in the fridge!) Wouldn't it be great if several people on here could get their plants flowering at the same time and exchange pollen. We could end up with a unique FNZAS hybrid! :bounce:

Once again - beautiful flower, stunning video. I'm off to watch it again. :lol:

Wouldn't it be great if several people on here could get their plants flowering at the same time and exchange pollen.

My thought exactly. So if any one starts to get a flower, yell woohoo and once you have finish calibrating give me a yell and ill send some pollen.

Another quick update, the 2nd flower is just over 3/4 of the way to the top and the first flower is definitely plump'en out into some kind of a fruit. :D

I'm not really tempted to eat it I want to see what it does. yea I have had it a little while cant remember a exact date but 8-12 months around the same time as it started flowering I did add another bulb to the light hood, did have just one t5 power glow but then I added a 10-14000k bulb to it. could the shift in the overall light spectrum have triggered it?

alanmin4304 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with eating lotus root in a stir fry either.

I think oeminx might be a bit annoyed if we dug up the lotus and ate its roots at this stage.

Just a little, because how did you get into my house to get to the tank? :o