Tiger Lotus bulb And Flower Photos. It's Flowering! Seeds

oeminx

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Tiger Lotus that has flowered once and just has the second ever flower spike now. It's still very small and as soon as I see the spike I don't touch my plant. Last time I even stopped cutting the leaves off until the flowering was over.

My flower went nuts - it just kept growing and growing!

I had to leave the feeding lids off my tank and put glad wrap over the open bits to keep the flower out of the tank and the fish in the tank - didn't want to risk any jumpers!

I don't do anything special with my tank, I have the JBL balls as well here and there, and occasionally put some Excel in there, but nothing else special and it seems to love it.

My lighting is the 2 standard lights that came in the hood, and I changed out the third for a PowerGlo T8 (I think) and it seems to work well.

Watching the growth of the lotus and the flower spikes is awesome! I just wish I had a camera that could do the plant some justice :roll:

do you have other plants in there with it? what types?

Amazon swords, Anubias nana, "Star Dust" Anubias (sold at animates ages ago still haven't bothered looking up the scientific name), hair grass which I want to replace with dwarf sag at some point and tiger lotus pups :roll:. I hope I didn't miss anyone

so how is the flower looking?

Still hasn't flowered starting to look like it is opening it has come out the top of the hood now, I'll try and get round to posting a photo.

stardust anubias? what on earth is that? :o well you hear something new everyday :lol:

you have pretty much the same plants as me, minus the swords which i keep in my nano. I dont have hairgrass either - it keeps rotting on me (probably emmersed stuff).

Ill be waiting for that pic :wink: :lol: