Tiger Lotus bulb And Flower Photos. It's Flowering! Seeds

oeminx

I have a large green tiger lotus it has been sending off pups like crazy, I can see what I think could be a flower bud just forming in the centre :D:D . But what I'm puzzled on is there is a stem that is coming out of the main plant the diving into the substrate about 10cm away from the main plant. It has been there a while and I thought it was just a leaf that I have cut off, anyway to cut to the chase I had a bit of a dig around and it has a monster bulb on the other end of it maybe 20mm in diameter. it has no leaves or steams of its own but it does have roots. Is it another plant bulb? and will it get leaves? and how soon can I cut it off the main plant?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tank it is in is a closed top so I think I might have to drop the water leave a bit to give the flower some room. I have also read the the lights can burn the flower so don't know what to do bout that, all amusing it makes the top some times it take two or three before the start breaking the surface.

i started using 18000K t5 Ho's and within a week there were leaves touching the top of the tank.. now there are about 5 leaves that are about 50+cms long with nic broad leaves on the stalk. and all the sagitaria subuluta has flowered like a garden. best move i ever made for my tank!!! :bounce:

the lotus sprouts a new leaf every 2 days, and it takes about a full day and a half to get to about 30 cm in length.