Tiger Lotus bulb And Flower Photos. It's Flowering! Seeds

oeminx

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't it just magnificent? :D

This time dehydrate some of the seeds, and plant them at a later date. That should work as well. You should get near 100% of the seeds sprouting that way.

*ps- your flower is distracting me from my very important assignments! **runs away to do said assignment.

Ooo! That's nice. Is that the maximum size it'll get to?

BTW Zev, got two emails today saying that they thought they had sent it but will send it again and are sorry. All is well.

You know what will happen now, don't you?

You will get two lots that will turn up on the same day!

Well if two lots turn up then I may have a few more divided tanks... :roll:

If I have any spare I'm sure I could off load it on here... 8)

But I'm sure I'll find a million and one uses for it, and if I can't, I'll ask someone on here how to use it. :wink:

• 3 months later...

Well a quick update first my 200L had a leak so I had empty it which meant I had to up root my tiger lotus, it had some roots a 800mm long :cry:. It is back in the tank now and seems happy so hopefully it will flower again.

As for pollination etc. I have found that a cotton bud works well, just use the one bud for the 3 nights it is open wiping it around the in side of the flower being careful not to get the pollen wet in the nectar pool at the bottom of the flower.

Once the the flower has finished flowering it will head back into the water where the petals will die off. What is left once the petals are gone is the seed pod, this will get bigger over a couple of weeks until it pops.

The last pod I had I put a plastic bag over it and gently tied it to the flower/pod stem then blew in the end of the bag with a straw so the the bag was half water half air, this seemed to be a goo way of collecting the seeds I did have to blow the bag up a bit each day though.