Staff at Hollywood Mt. Roskill

michael.qian

I always go to the Mt. Roskill one.

I'm sure they are all know lots about fish keeping, but problem I never find them very friendly, most of them anyway.

From my experience they never bother to say hi or greet customers when they see them, never come ask you if you are ok without you asking them first, generally not very friendly and talkative.

Who else agrees with me?

Some of them are a bit like you describe, but I find generally they're helpful and friendly. I quite like the fact that they leave you alone to browse with out someone trying to sell you something every few minutes.

They're usually busy with customers when I go in there, its not like they ignore you while they're all standing around behind the counter talking and doing nothing....

I quite like the fact that they leave you alone to browse with out someone trying to sell you something every few minutes.

Yeah I am with you on that one. There is a store in Wellington in which from the moment you step in the door they're all 'How are you today?', 'Are you having a good day', 'Are you looking for something in particular', several staff, and it never stops.

From my experience they never bother to say hi or greet customers when they see them, never come ask you if you are ok without you asking them first, generally not very friendly and talkative.

I have mentioned this before on the forum, i had some other problem at the time with them but posted my feelings about the initial greetinfg etc, partly to make them aware of it as on and off I had been visiting them for over 20 years and thought it might wake them up, they actually pm'd me to sort the actual problem I had which was great and I have visited since but still get the same feeling so find myself spending my my time and money else where, it is a shame.

The funny thing is I love the Albany store, very freindly and helpful!

I think all retail stores need to hire staff who are passionate about the job rather than the money figure - nothing worse about entering a women clothing store to have staff who don't help or just give you the easiest option rather than work to get what the customer wants :roll:

I think all retail stores need to hire staff who are passionate about the job rather than the money figure - nothing worse about entering a women clothing store to have staff who don't help or just give you the easiest option rather than work to get what the customer wants :roll:

Ha! If only it was that simple, I don't think there's a retailer who would disagree with you, but finding that person is pretty hard.

it's a fine line. i like browsing around see if something catches my eye. remember many others are like this. so from their perspective if 1 person in 20 wants help then you'd quickly grow tired of trying to press on 19 people who just wanna have a looksee. then again a friendly hi goes a long way too ay :)

and yea dam it's hard to find good women's clothes they never fit me properly

I work at Albany, I find it hard to find a happy median with customers. Some are Uber friendly and love to say hi even a bit of a chat, while some are really quite rude and unfriendly. I always usually at least say hi and give them space to browse, if they need help im always happy to serve. but sometimes you get customers who HATE being asked if they need help. It puts you off so when the next customer walks in the door i find myself less enthusiastic to return the friendlyness.

"One man's meat is another man's poison." We are all different with different attitudes and all expect the assistant to know exactly how we would like to be treated. In all honesty how many of you guys are in the job you really want to be in?

yarimochi - was it you that ran away with my lorikeet rusty? lol :P

:lol:

At jansens/animates or HFF? I dont really remember running away from anything LOL.

But yeah, we are encouraged to give the best customer service we can provide while ensuring we don't burn out. A long day is hard y'know. Hopefully everyones next experience at either HFF store is a little more pleasant.

I work at Albany, I find it hard to find a happy median with customers. Some are Uber friendly and love to say hi even a bit of a chat, while some are really quite rude and unfriendly. I always usually at least say hi and give them space to browse, if they need help im always happy to serve. but sometimes you get customers who HATE being asked if they need help. It puts you off so when the next customer walks in the door i find myself less enthusiastic to return the friendlyness.

Worked at animates years ago and know exactly what your talking about! :D The regulars who came in for a good chat used to brighten my day.

Yeah I am with you on that one. There is a store in Wellington in which from the moment you step in the door they're all 'How are you today?', 'Are you having a good day', 'Are you looking for something in particular', several staff, and it never stops.

In some retail stores (not naming...) you are forced by your managers and upper level bosses to greet every customer, and if you dont, its a big smack on the wrist. Apologies in advance to those that we annoy ;)