who's going to be broke this Xmas?

Dave+Amy

Dave and I thought we had our finances all sorted for Christmas prezzies this year until we went to see get his Bearded Dragon enclosure made..that wasn't even the bad part because we got a decent deal on a 1.5m tank plus wooden stand and hood then I decided that I wanted another tank...a 3footer in my room with a stand and hood..lol so now noone's getting presents

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

johannes where r u movin to an if im not busy the weekend u move i could bring a flat deck truck to help move the tanks if u want

^ I'll second that, if I'm free during the weekend and you need a hand moving the tanks I'd be happy to help, assuming there will be beers and a brai afterwards. :P

WOW thanks for the offers Yes help will always be very much appreciated Thanks Guys :bow::bow::bow::bow: Can arrange some drinks and something to put on the BBQ as we cannot light up a fire for a Braai LOL

Cockle Bay 13 December :cry: You do know it's a massive project we are not stressed moving the house (furniture) it the fish room we are most concerned about. :o:o

*sigh* show off :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

or maybe just plain sensible :lol:

Im lucky as have no dependants and to me its just another day, the fun went out of xmas when i caught santa (mum) putting pressies under the tree when i was about 5 yrs old, in saying that its still the best time of the year - good food good partys good weather,

shes a corker as my grandad would of said :bounce:

Never find myself broke at Christmas as I do not buy if I can't afford. Don't believe in credit and "buy now, pay later" schemes. I save and pay cash.

Trouble is with people the way they are today its want now, have now. My generation is spoilt in that regard. Despite our parents best efforts to encourage us to wait and save for stuff that we want, so many have not learned.

I admit I'm one of those.. but in saying that I take HP deals ONLY if they are interest free for a good long period during which time I will pay off the thing before the interest kicks in.

I don't plan on going broke this Christmas. We manage to keep present buying to an absolute minimum. We buy for the parents, hubbys Granddad and each other. Thats it. No Aunts/uncles/cousins/siblings etc.

A few of my friends up here have a really good scheme going for Christmas presents for the family. They put all the names in a hat of the people that are going to be together on the day and draw a name out of the hat. That person is the one and only they will buy for and spend about $50 on it.

Adrienne

or maybe just plain sensible :lol:

Not really. I bet Caryl didn't save and pay cash for her house. If you can easily afford the repayments and are financially disciplined then you can make borrowing money work for you. Why wouldn't you take up the offer of interest free payments even if you had the cash?

YAY xmas is just over 12 hours!! :P

A few of my friends up here have a really good scheme going for Christmas presents for the family. They put all the names in a hat of the people that are going to be together on the day and draw a name out of the hat. That person is the one and only they will buy for and spend about $50 on it.

Adrienne

I believe that is called a "Secret Santa"?

Not really. I bet Caryl didn't save and pay cash for her house. If you can easily afford the repayments and are financially disciplined then you can make borrowing money work for you. Why wouldn't you take up the offer of interest free payments even if you had the cash?

YAY xmas is just over 12 hours!! :P

yea i agree in some cases finance is all good and without it options would be pretty minimal at times but.. if you put xmas on tick this year interest free what happens next year?

especially luxury items id rather pay up front as you just never know whats around the corner and your gonna have to pay it off sooner or later.

I simply love Christmas... says me a 56yo grandfather

to me its Brenda and I and youngest daughter (Shinal 17)

Middle daughter Lizzette (29) and her son this will be his first Christmas and Liz's husband

Eldest daughter Corin (32) and her son and daughter (3 and 6 almost) and Philip her husband.

The day is spent eating far too much and drinking way too much. We all fit into a 2 bedroom place (ok we do have a poptop camper and a tent)

The next week or two is spent fishing, diving, hikeing, goldpaning and exploring rock pools as well as heaps of other things... we are all together and having fun

That to me is Christmas

I'm broke already and its not even christmas.

My christmas days are horrible. There is always a fight, no matter where we are, what we do, there is a fight.

Normally between my mum and my sister or my mum and me. We have banned all board game playing on christmas because of this, and after eating we tend to just avoid each other entirely.

:P