October 23, 200817 yr comment_269554 thanks so much kiwiplymouth!!! Hopefully my fish can figure out what they are, and I can feed them these instead of frozen bloodworms No Worries. To me it's all about keeping our fish happy and reducing our work load. If we can feed them food that they prefer and reduce the mess, fuss and water changes we cant lose. If you guys like them ( and your fish like them) then I can get larger amounts into the country and keep shipping and M.A.F costs to a minimum. Unlike some members of this site and the auction site i will not be trying to make a 300% profit. If i can cover my costs and make a modest profit to cover my time and effort then i will happy. Report
October 23, 200817 yr comment_269558 What a star! We need more people like you who actually care Report
October 28, 200817 yr comment_270724 Hi guys, Just letting you know that your bloodworms will be in the post tomorrow. Please let me know what you think of them. Cheers Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271934 Got mine a few minutes ago. Fish seem to love them. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten the effect bloodworms have on my and didn't wash my hands immediately after touching them, it appears freeze dried ones do the same. So, I'm sitting here with my nose running like mad, sniffling with a sore throat after just 15 minutes or so. Stupid me. Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271942 I remember reading somewhere that some people were allergic to bloodworms but never met or talked to anyone who could comfirm it. Perhaps using a teaspoon next time will help. I glad the fish like them. Take a heyfever pill if you have one Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271945 I gave my nose a really good blow and that seems to have minimised it. Though, I'm glad I didn't rub my eye, before I figured out the cause once I rubbed my eye...Which made it itch and water. So of course I rubbed it again which makes it itch and water more which means more rubbing... Ended up with a huge bubble on the white of my eye, but after 3-4 hours I was totally back to normal. Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271946 Mine arrived today too, thanks! (Apparently people with dist mite allergies have a higher incidence of bloodworm allergies. I have heard of it being so bad in some people that they get a rash if they dip their arm in a tank that was fed bloodworms a few days previously!) Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271948 Hi Stella, I'm pleased that they are starting to arrive. I posted them last Wednesday and was expecting some feedback by Friday or the weekend. I was starting to worry that my MAF issues were ongoing and that they were not going to let me send them around they country. Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271949 wow I'm glad I only have hayfever lol..there are less fortunate people out there than me! Also received mine today - will try them tonight at snack time and see how they go Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271955 wow I'm glad I only have hayfever lol..there are less fortunate people out there than me! Also received mine today - will try them tonight at snack time and see how they go No dust OR dist mite allergies here. :lol: And no hay fever. Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271965 No dust OR dist mite allergies here. :lol: And no hay fever. There is always a freak of nature amongst us. Fish breeding should teach you that. :lol: Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271966 There is always a freak of nature amongst us. Fish breeding should teach you that. :lol: If fish breeding has taught me anything it's that there must be several hundred of me around and people are desperate to get rid of us... Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271972 is any one trying the freeze dried bloodworms on rams and/or killies? Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_271993 I got mine this morning. I had forgotten about it and had no idea what it was :lol: :oops: It took me 1/2 an hour to click that it was bloodworms The fish love them Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_272028 I got mine today too, thanks! I fed it to my rams, and they LOVED it! Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_272049 isn't there warnings on the packets of freeze dried bloodworms to avoid contact with skin or something? Personally haven't used them in ages because my fish weren't interested in them. Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_272076 Personally haven't used them in ages because my fish weren't interested in them. Your fish are broken. Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_272098 Your fish are broken. Ira- You always know the right thing to say :lol: :lol: :lol: Report
November 3, 200817 yr comment_272102 i got mine last night! it took a while for the fish to work out what they were but once they did they loved them Report
November 4, 200817 yr comment_272196 If anyone wants some more I can supply it for $0.95 a gram. Thats under half the price of similar stuff on the auction site at the moment. 1.5 grams has about the same amount of bloodworm as 100g of frozen product. Report
November 4, 200817 yr comment_272253 i actually found my fish never went for them either, and i heard something about them possibly getting worms off them (as in fish contracting worms via the freezedried worms?) tho this could be hearsay. an easy way to feed out normal bloodworms is put them on a paper towel. as they melt the towel soaks up the nutrient laden liquid. and ps that was nice of you to send them all around Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.