to many pets ?

snake kid

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes you can

there is a colony in tauranga area that i have taken some youngsters from in the past

take a little while to break in but the younger the better

climbing the trees and taking from the nest is the best

but those parents get a bit angry with you

not scared either

nothing fiercer than a parent protecting the babies :o

I have just read this and wow i didn't realise we had them in nz to. Are they from released pet birds or did they introduce them to see what they would do?

I go to Ellendale diamond mine, Kimberly, Western Australia for work 5 weeks at a time and i'm lying in bed at the mo (nightshift) listening to about 1000 of them squawk away.

They seem to be alot bigger in the wild than the breed one's you see, Why is this?

I have just read this and wow i didn't realise we had them in nz to. Are they from released pet birds or did they introduce them to see what they would do?

I go to Ellendale diamond mine, Kimberly, Western Australia for work 5 weeks at a time and i'm lying in bed at the mo (nightshift) listening to about 1000 of them squawk away.

They seem to be alot bigger in the wild than the breed one's you see, Why is this?

escaped pet birds and smuggled birds released off the coast

2 species greater and lesser sulphur crested

greater is bigger less yellow underwings

then a lot of the pet birds are from crosses as early breeders in nz didn't keep them seperate

well a cockatoo is just a cockatoo to a lot of people

I was kinda referring to christmas lamb......

how did you know his name :D

Catch one for me? :lol:

Ummmmmm, NO!!! :lol:

How about, I give you directions to my house and YOU can catch one. I think the only thing the birds will catch would be a bullet from a local farmer :cry:

They are so incredibly noisy. I do like Livingarts description of them, very appropriate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ummmmmm, NO!!! :lol:

How about, I give you directions to my house and YOU can catch one. I think the only thing the birds will catch would be a bullet from a local farmer :cry:

They are so incredibly noisy. I do like Livingarts description of them, very appropriate.

lol I think we may live near eachother because theres always a flock flying around make a heck load of noise! :lol:

5 cats

3 mini lop rabbits

2 goldfish

1 finch (there was 2 till my daughter accidently sucked tweety up the vaccume cleaner)yes i did laugh no i shouldnt of done that as she was devastated and the surgestion that she call the next one hoover did not go down well either :o

36 discus

50 guppies

33 Siamese Fighters

2 Goldfish

2 Blue Rams

2 Borneo Suckers

2 Bristlenose

2 Pictus Catfish

2 Zebra Striata

1 fat Chinese Algae Eater

1 Boyfriend

:lol:

1 Rabbit who demands every second of my life and likes to be where I am for example as I type this he's flopped by my desk. :lol:

RosieOGradys068.jpg

Yep bunnies are cecotropes which means they produce a special type of poop which isnt really waste its full of undigested protein, and minerals that they didnt digest the first time around so they eat it a second time round to get the missed goodness. Yum huh?! :-? He generally leaves them behind but he sometime eats actual poop... :-?

• 1 month later...

i now hav two dogs,one cat,one rabbit one guinea pig,2 rats two water dragon one bearded dragon about( 600 mealworm 50 waxworms and 2000 fruit flies 19 locust)for tonight anyway and one husband one child and one boarder oh and two fish tanks and a goldfish bowl just rehomed the turtle