livingart

Had a Reeves stolen out of display tank the other day. Bummer

Bummer on 2 counts

1. That you can't trust people

2. She is under treatment for an infection - was almost finished treatment

was sitting out of water on a rock and not moving much so was easy to grab

easy to identify as she is micro chipped, also not many reeves in the area

if this is in wrong area mod please move

It is always happen there is always someone that ruins it all.

Livingart you are providing a great place for people to come and learn about critters big and small and one day i hope to come up and have a good look around your park.

Kepp up the good work and i hope you get your Reeves back in one piece and I really hope the person who did this gets caught.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Livingart you are providing a great place for people to come and learn about critters big and small and one day i hope to come up and have a good look around your park.

You have a park livingart?????? Sorry about your frog, hope you get him back!

Caper

Times like these make me wish that the microchips also worked like a LOJAC which could be turned on to locate the critter. I've been dwelling on this ever since we chipped our purebred cats and it dawned on me that it would be nice if someone was trying to find the owner but makes no difference at all if stolen... obviously a thief will avoid anyone scanning a stolen pet.

I'd keep an eye on TradeMe and let your local authorities and vets know.

You have a park livingart?????? Sorry about your frog, hope you get him back!

Caper

First of all its a turtle, and second, have you never seen the huge big bright yellow advertising that shows at the top of the page saying 'living art wildlife park' ? :lol:

In other words, yes he has a large wildlife park open to the public, with a huge range of animals. Awesome place

Sucks to hear about your reeves mark. Might be time for some CCTV cameras :evil:

thanks for the good words peoples

i believe that if you live by the sword you will die by the sword, karma etc.

turtle still had about 8 days of treatment to go

it will probably infect their other turtles if they have any

she was 9 years old and just about fully grown, easy to identify as i also take pictures of the carapace of our turtles

there is one listed locally on the unmentionable website at the mo, but that was listed before the turtle went

have a cctv camera installed now evil so i can watch the perpetrators and have the evidence to make an accusation stick

That one has been up for a little while, turtle looks quite young as well. good spotting though.

i wouldnt like to be the person if they try to sell it, just hope they don't try to sell it to me as I am looking for a female at the moment :o

Mark what size was your female, any markings?

bu....bu....but how do you know its an older sale?? can't you adjust how long the sale goes for?? and don't you think it is just a little bit sus that its only this person 2nd trade, and that person started on trademe just this month???.... :-?

that link is the 2nd time it has been listed georgeous, thanks for your concern

broms it was the black girl i have had for quite awhile, bummer

Don't be so racist mark :lol:

sorry awful k'nawful

it was the darkly pigmented young lady that has been residing with us for the last eight years of her life :o

also my humble apologies to any reeves or other turtles, asian or from other geographic regions, that may have been reading this :D

We will also keep an eye and ear out down here.

We have had dogs stolen before ( and got them back ) I beleive in Karma, and hope they get their fair share.

I also know people cant keep secrets for too long, so word will get out, and here's hoping you get her back.

• 2 weeks later...