well lets see some real reef tanks

reef

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing personal but i'd have to agree, it's nice but not that nice. there's something missing - not enough colour perhaps? Mind you some pic's often dont do tanks enough justice and they look better when you're actually in front of it!

nice but too blue and green for my liking

i prefer warmer colors with small bright splashs of blue

Your kidding right? How about a picture of your own tank for comparison.

nothing personal but i'd have to agree, it's nice but not that nice. there's something missing - not enough colour perhaps? Mind you some pic's often dont do tanks enough justice and they look better when you're actually in front of it!

Again how about a pic of your own tank for comparison.

Alois - Good on ya for being so supportive.

It looks pretty nice to me, I would be happy to have a tank looking 1/2 that good at the moment.

JackJackJack is it a corner tank? also does he use NSW or Salt Mix (just curious because of the Cyno).

Pies

Pictures never do the real thing justice. I have seen pics of pies tank for instance and thought it looked great but it was nothing compared to seeing the real thing.

Looking forward to visiting Layton to see his tank in a couple of weeks if we are able to arrange it.

Nice pics jackjackjack, thanks for sharing.

I did not mean to be rude, but i am keen on seeing a impressive tank from australia, that tank does not compare anywere near the standard i am looking for, especially when you have the reef at your doorstep.

The tank looks still new and it looks like it has a high organics in the water due to the algae/cyno in the tank. Maybe it is a skimmless tank or has a very small skimmer.

Would like to see tank specs??

I will get my master piece up once i clean the front glass.

and likewise, im not being rude either nor at any point did i ever say my tank was better (as currently, it is no where near this good). the problem with posting "words" - you never see the real intention behind it. i was merely implying while it is "nice" it's not my cuppa tea. personal opinion is all. apologies if any offence was taken jackjackjack!

not my tank so no offence taken.

yep its a corner tank! its damo's tank from rtaw and just a tank i like due to the colours he gets from his acros.

he owns a lighting company so the amount of algae probably has some thing to do with the 1000W MHs above it ;)

judging by the acro colours id say nutrients are pretty low!

from memory he uses collected water, which again supports the nsw vs asw theory.

i dont think having the reef on our doorstep makes a heap of difference apart from lower prices on fish etc. which seems to make some peope comlacent (ie. its ok if it dies, just buy another one) which is a mind-set that pisses me off!

weatherson tank is amazing, his DIY is 100x more professional than store bought gear. the pride he has in his diy is great!