Molly Hunt 04/02/07????

dave

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME MORNING! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We had such an awesome time and it was fun to meet everyone!

I never thought my hobby of fish keeping would take me into a swamp waist deep in mud, brandishing a net, and scalding my feet hehe

We brought home about 40ish and so far only one death (may have been dead before the journey home) They are all in a small tank and seem to be ok?

If anyone local would like a couple (and some survive :D ) pm me and we will see what we can do.

Thanks again to everyone involved!

Will catch up soon!

Just got back home.

Great morning to be had by all involved

Who would of guessed you could catch nice sized mollies by having a mud fight :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No deaths as yet but.. still have to find a spare tank for them all.

Those that didn't go missed out on a very good day.

Thank you everyone who came down to the molly hunt. As you will see by the photos that will no doudt b posted in the next few days it was a aswsome day. Ialways enjoy getting together and meeting fellow hobbyist even if it does include a bit of mud throwing , siting, getting stuck but to see everyone have such a good time is very satisfifying.

As for the moolies they seem to be in good condition sometimes wary or was it just me getting stuck in the mud. rust everyon has travelled safely home and i do look forward to the next FNZAS event

Dave :D:D:D

It was an excellent day out there I had a good time. Everyone only got 1st degree burns too. No deaths from the mud fight that we know of...hmm maybe we should've done a headcount ;)

Moolies are what we call mollies here in Waikato

Thanks for creating the event Dave.

Ps I just checked the pH and I lost my reference card thing but it looks like about 7.2, correct me if I'm wrong

Nice Pic Hands

Was that one of the ones that you picked off my back? :lol:

Its been over 18 hours and only have to report 2 deaths of small fry.. + one more for the one that was in my shoe :lol:

added 20L of 30 degree tank water to the water from the swamp and all fish seem to be ok.. now just need to find an appropriate filter for them.

those in Auckland that want to see some or even hope to win some had better show up at the Next Auckland Fishkeepers Meeting next week.

See another thread for details.

I missed joining in on the group molly hunt :( , and jim and his wife are ANGELS for waiting for the two clueless aucklanders to show up...

tyu04insmallay5.jpg

But my friend Ben and i went down and had a good muck around, and kept at least 30 mollies - some bubbas at .5 cm, and the rest at around 2.5-3cm. I got a surprise in one of my nets - the fish we saw were all about that size, but then i got a big fat one, about 4.5cm long. Had to bring him home... :D

I came home to find i was minus a heater - it was sitting in the bottom of the tank i had ready to go, with the bottom smashed. Only one of the suction cups were still on the tank wall, so i guess it fell :-? . So the mollies are back in their bucket in the spare room (which stays nice and warm, especially with another heated tank in there). Not ideal, but it will do until i can nip in this arvo for another heater. So while they're in the bucket i haven't been able to check out their colours yet (Nice pic HandS) - at the moment they just look a kind of creamy yellow/grey :D

It was great to meet everyone that was still around when i got there :roll: - a fantastic day, despite going completely mad and anxious between 6:30 and 9:30am because i couldn't get hold of my driver!!!! (I broke out the big guns and got his mommy to find him, haha!!)

Also, anyone that wants some mollies, let me know :)

Hey,

Only 2 deaths to report and both were pretty small. They are now settled into a small tank and have caught onto the idea of flake food very well. I seem to have a lot of males and only a few females (The largest is a female :D )

I strongly recommend this trip to ANYONE!