Molly Hunt 04/02/07????

dave

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the delay but I also have to do the Minutes (last minute job as acting secretary), write up the article for the AW then get them printed and out before we go away. Am resizing all the pics now and hope to have the link to them in my Photobucket by tonight (or tomorrow).

Great to meet everyone (except gatito - we had to leave before she made it). We had 30 people, 20 of them from the forum here.

Forumgroup.jpg

L - R with Dave sitting in the front.

wok, Kevin, evilkneival69, Jane, Jim R, Chris, Sarah, billaney, me, purplecatfish, FishTV (2 of them), Luke, HandS (Shane and Helen), Somethin Fishy, antwan

Poor pic of male and female molly but hard to photograph them in small round Pyrex container

malemolly.jpg

Anyone under 18 years of age please shut your eyes! The rest of you make sure you have shades on or the glare will blind you :lol:

NakedChris.jpg

This wasn't as bad as the member who ducked behind his car to get changed, checked nobody was about, then proceeded to strip. Unfortunately, he didn't notice Kevin's wife Tracey, and daughter Aimee, sitting in the car behind. They have never laughed so hard in their lives but didn't have a camera so were unable to record the view. Next time I am sure billaney will look more closely :wink:

25-27 i think. Dont have a thermometer in there, just threw them in a 20l tank we brought on way home with 50/50 mix of their water and water from our tank, chucked in a heater and some gravel and voila!

Hmmm... my mollies are still in the bucket, no heater, and have had no deaths yet. I got a heater sorted after the one ready for them broke, but as they're doing ok i'm not in a big rush to change things. Have also added water to the bucket.

Oh, i tell a lie - some mollies have moved house to the turtle tank, and i'm sure he's managed to catch at least one.

I don't mind things being fed out as live food, not a problem with that at all :D

I just couldn't live as a molly in the tank, having a turtle deciding whether hes hungry one day or hes going to leave it till another day... :o :lol:

I also saw that auction on TM, the guy with the turtle in with tropicals and the state of the fish was disgusting, the fish were in poor health and the fins were badly mauled and he said the fish were too fast for the turtle.. poor things would have been on edge the whole time.

I tend to agree wif Afrikan there. Its not nice althou many do it. Juss like Dither Fish sometimes .... :-? :(

Yeah, i was rather squeamish about it, but it's good for him, so i threw some in... :-?

He went for them at first, but now he's in the bigger tank he's not bothering any more - will start after them then lose interest. They're too fast for him unless he bails them up.

I still have to watch between my fingers.... :oops:

Oh - and I wish you all - all the best wif yur Mollies! :-)

Hey Mystic, did anyone bring you home any mollies?

I don't mind things being fed out as live food, not a problem with that at all

I just couldn't live as a molly in the tank, having a turtle deciding whether hes hungry one day or hes going to leave it till another day...

I also saw that auction on TM, the guy with the turtle in with tropicals and the state of the fish was disgusting, the fish were in poor health and the fins were badly mauled and he said the fish were too fast for the turtle.. poor things would have been on edge the whole time.

I'm still pretty scaredy about it - couldn't feed tadpoles, too much association with fun times as a kiddy. I'm trying to get over it, but if he doesn't put more effort in i won't really have to :D