National Fish Shows

Warren

WOW, those pics are AMAZING. Well Done

Thanks, im almost tempted to come down again today as i didnt photograph everything.. and those killis need a lot of work to get sharp pics as they are so small and dont like to stay still for long.

I think it would be safe to say we had about 500-700 people through the door (im sure someone will correct me if im wrong) and the genral feedback from the public was great (though a few would have liked names of fish on the tank :oops: ) I will be curious to hear what the hobbiest think.

Wow, cant be upset with a turnout of that number.. Hope the even breaks even or makes a profit to help with the next event.

Some of us have our forum names on our name tags, so feel free to introduce your selfs so we can put faces to names

Dont forget to buy a raffle ticket, we have a raffle that was set up for the hobbyist, It includes a JBL co2 kit (Bottle,reg,diffuser), Master test kit, And 2 bags of JBL AquaBasis plus (1 Large, 1 Small).

Hope to see you all there

I saw the raffles.. didnt have much cash on me unfortunately.. would love a co2 setup.. but i never have much luck with raffles. maybe ill convince the gf we need to attend the auction.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from another great day at the show. The turnout was even greater today than yesterday. If sausage sales were anything to go by, we sold about 450 sausages yesterday.... the whole 500 were gone well before the show shut today...... I dident get to deal with the public much today as i was busy with sorting the auction out, but once again no major complaints.

Big thanks to Tom and Rogan for helping out. Was great to see them bagging up goldfish for a few hours. Even Paul spent a bit of at the pond.

Having people from all the other clubs, and from these forums more than willing to help out where possible is what has made this show go so smoothly. Last day tomorrow, and we shut the doors at 2.30pm

See you all there

Show was awesome Guys. Managed to stop in on Saturday on our way diown to Rotorua. First Show I have ever been to as I didnt know they exist.

Will be keen to possibly enter some fish next year.

When will we be able to see a list of results?

Also I agree with the feedback it would have been nice to know what fish you were looking at and a little about it. Also possibly a forum username as some of those fish were amazing. Cheers

nice photo's and great to see you took a photo that won best in show!!

did you go back yesterday and take more photo's?

Thanks for the complement

I guess you mean one of those fish won the best in show?

Which fish won? The golden pleco?

Unfortunately i didnt make it back yesterday as i had something else crop up (as stuff does) .. and today i was left with an hour till the closing time.. and i assumed by the time i got there things would be being disassembled.

Yes there was a nzka stand, which had mostly killies. We have given our selves a early day today and will finish packing up tomorrow. I cant say enough thank yous to everyone that helped out, and attended the show. It was truly a team effort, im off to spend time with the kids as we haven't seen them in a few days, and will try to give a more detailed report later.

Hope all the travelers arrive at there destination safely

Well done to the organiser and everyone that help out. Not forgetting those that paticipated and supported the show. Hope we can get more people into the hobby of fish keeping.

Congratulation to Paul Billarney for winning Best In Show with his beautiful Blue Ram.

Cheers,

ron

Thanks for the pics vonfluffy :bow:

Wish I could be there but it's great to be able to see some of the 'talent' anyway! :P

Thanks for all the comments guys..

I thought id go back through and do a second pick from my cast-offs as so far there hasnt been a lot of photos posted..

the last 13 or so in the set arent of the greatest quality.. but may tide over people till the others get their photos sorted and uploaded.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kylecarter ... 546318882/

Being a long weekend, I was at the bach at Coromandel but to b honest, had I realised that the close off date was the beginning of October, I would have been there.

As it was, there weather didnt allow more than one dive so no excuses for not going.

Looks great and thanks for the photos... well done Tim for the effort in the Killi stand as well

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to the Waikato Aquarium Soc. for hosting a really sucessful event.

The weekend was really great for us, it was nice to meet so many of you (and see some familiar faces) and have you visit our stand and the store.

Thanks again :bounce:

Fee, Mark and all at World of Water

Well what a weekend that was !!! Top marks to the Waikato Team who worked so hard and came up with a GREAT show ! :bow::bow::bow:

Took the camera along as well as the fish so here are a few pictures of some really nice fish etc from the show :)

There is a link after the last picture to see even more shots :)

DSC_3167.jpg

DSC_3123.jpg

DSC_2920.jpg

DSC_2872.jpg

DSC_2949.jpg

DSC_2971.jpg

DSC_2992.jpg

DSC_2996.jpg

DSC_3027.jpg

DSC_3033.jpg

DSC_3073.jpg

DSC_3096.jpg

DSC_3146.jpg

DSC_3276.jpg

hope you liked them , heres the link to more :)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ ... ter=images