Everything posted by Duke
-
ZEOVIT! please respect this thread!
Looking on the net 1ml = 20 drops fron a eye dropper. Bags of rock come in 1 litre bags. $35 a bag. 1.5l per 6weeks = $37.5 per month. Bacteria is $35 for 10 mls = 200 drops = 8 drops twice a week = 12 weeks = $12.13 per month. Zeofood7 is $35 for 50 mls 8drops twice weekly = $2.43 per month Zeostart2 is $70 for 250 mls = 3mls daily = $25.55 per month CV Pohls $70 for 50mls = 8 drops daily = $17.03 per month AAHC is Aminio Acid High Concentrate $70 50m = 3 drops daily = $6.39 per month K B is Pottasium Balance, good for blue and red colours $86 for 500 mls = 1ml per day = $5.17 monthly So based on the above for a 800l tank = $ 106.20 month
-
skimmer question
I would look at trade me for those dollars. Others will give you good advice. Worked for me.
-
New Tank project
Go Keven... looking stunning! :lol: impresive
- Up date - new rock pictures
-
Up date - new rock pictures
Thanks Putt Putt..more room to grow things. And yes I would like more light. Currently running 2 x 250w + 4T5's. Power bill is bad enough now. More light or hair drier.... :-? Only got to sort out the crap on the sand. Starting Zeo so we will wait and see.
-
Up date - new rock pictures
not ...cookie. Just a little more rock. A place to but your frags. Or some thing from the north sea.
-
Up date - new rock pictures
Added some more rock today.. Thanks bubbles. '>
-
ZEOVIT! please respect this thread!
I have just started using zeo again and will report how my tank changes. But I do agree it is quite expensive when you have a large tank. Especillay if you don't get results. Black magic or green magic some of the tank using zeo are impresive, also many impresive tanks not using zeo. Is it worth the $$$$$ time will tell. :roll:
-
Good things take time...
sorry to hear about your losses... Seems very strange. You must have added somthing which was not good. Bugger is all I can say. :evil:
-
Look how much coraline this thing can eat!
Wasp what is it? Where did you get it? I like it looks cool.
-
ZEOVIT! please respect this thread!
chimera You have a large tank... can't remember the liters but want do you use besides zeovit. Reason I ask is I have just started using it again in my new tank 800l, tank is 4-6 months old. My last tank used zeo and I did not have the problems I am having now. Mind you I used ASW and did more regular water chages while now I use NSW and do 20% monthly, except this month due to the weather. Been using Biodigest and my problem of gunk on my sand has gotten worse. Oh never vacuumed the sand but will soon which might help.
-
Yiks "PLASTICS"
Our power has been going on and off all night. Thats what happens when you live in the sticks. Have not had to pull out the generater yet... cross fingers.
-
I have been naughty againnnnnnnnn
I looked at buying salt today but at $130 for a large bin I could not spend the money. I will be waiting for some nice weather. I need to syphon my sand real bad.....
-
Off to Tahiti Papeete
I am going to Tahiti Papeete for work for a week, I have one full day where I can go for a dive. Any ideas? Cookie... you maybe able to help.
-
Powder blue tang, I'm thinking of getting one, any thoughts?
Skimmer AP850 ... I agree with your comments and no I won't be adding another tang. Powder Blue was my last big fish as planned but fish can be like women.... always look better in a picture. Especially naked in the water. Tank does not appear to have too many fish but I know they will grow. See looks empty!
-
The leave it alone system
Hell what about my spelling? I still like to think I can keep a fish or tow..
-
getting a brackish tank.
I agree nice to see some thing differant. Great tank :lol:
-
The tank that Feelers just bought.
Life is usually not that kind..... if so what a fool.
-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Happy birthday..thanks for all the support. See we all love you....
-
do any of the saltys?
Great white... why not. But just the fin!!
-
The tank that Feelers just bought.
Looks like a hell deal, I sold my 4ft 300l tank which looked the same for $600 with nothing. If you sell all the other stuff it will be a cheap tank. Well done.
-
Cyana
Well best advice I have ever had.... Thanks Suphew and Sharkey. I think you are on the right track. Sand is only 6months old so still going through the cycle. Every thing else could not be better. Going to add an other rock structure from Jacko (Bubbles) which will cause some more trouble. But I'm running out of places to put frags ect. As you all know my tank is far from the reef wall to the point I have no where to put stuff.
- Cyana
-
The leave it alone system
Krama... nice but true. I still look under scabs.
-
sump, dosing pump water level switch ideas?
Mine is a DYI. 20l container with a small pump from LFS with a hose connected which goes in to my sump. A level switch from Water control Solutions in my sump (they are very relaible as it is just a magnet which floats up and down). Mine is controlled by a PLC but you can do it with a simple relay. Cost bugger all. I also have a hose in to the 20l container from a tap which I have connected a soliniod so when I push a button the 20l container fills up. No risk of flooding my tank with fresh water which is real bad..... ask a round it does happen. Oh make sure you have a water filter inline.