Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Duke

  1. Duke replied to sharronpaul's topic in Saltwater
    Sounds cool but can you automaticlly very the voltage of these?
  2. Duke replied to Fay's topic in Saltwater
    I don't think it would be good for the tank. I think you may have found your problem.
  3. Duke replied to sharronpaul's topic in Saltwater
    I would estimate my control system cost about $300. I am working on automatic water change system at the moment. 1 x 1000l container placed behind my shed with a soliniod. Press the botton and water will flow by gravity in too my sump. My level switchs (high and low) will control the flow. I am looking at adding a small pump which will pump water out of the sump too waste. The small pump will be on a timer which will over ride my auto top off and run for 30min. The idea is to do frequent changes at the press of a button a couple of times a week. I will have another container on a trailer which will will fill the one behind the shed. Very easy to do with a PLC just program it. Old PLC's are worth nothing and do the job. Mine is about as old as it gets and was free.
  4. Duke replied to sharronpaul's topic in Saltwater
    Very nice but this would cost $$$$$$$. Much cheaper to get an old PLC of trade me and do it yourself.
  5. Duke replied to kevan's topic in Saltwater
    Nice... timer is a good idea
  6. Very nice, most impressed. Look forward to seeing the progress.
  7. Duke replied to sharronpaul's topic in Saltwater
    http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/7-vt12 ... c&start=90 Page 7 shows my PLC setup.
  8. Duke replied to sharronpaul's topic in Saltwater
    I use a PLC to run my reef tank and it is excellent. I have the following setup. Inputs 1) Skimmer on and off - switch 2) Skimmer off - 60min - push button 3) Main pump on and off - switch 4) Main pump off 20min for feeding - push botton 5) Sump level switch - turns on the small pump in top up tank 6) Low level sump level switch - if the sump runs dry it turns off all pumps, reators and skimmer. 7) Top off water container level swith which turns off the soliniod connected to the main water tap. Outputs 1) Main pump 2) Skimmer 3) Ca reactor 4) Zeovit reator 5) Top off tap soliniod 6) Top off pump I am is South Auckland if you want to have a look.
  9. I started zeo about 1 month ago and WOW what a change. I have not tested levels but all my problem alge has gone from my sand and the tank is looking the best it ever has. Polop growth ...stunning. I do think my corals are darker or have lost some colour but water is clearer. I used this product on my old tank and was happy. Stopped on my new tank had issuies started again and 1 month later WOW. I was useing Biotim and Biodigest without results and used them as instructed for months. Now I have not tested my water but are going on looks only. Very happy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. Duke replied to Rocketman's topic in Saltwater
    better than $280 on blue eyed cardinals that had thier eyes sucked out by my trigger in 5min?
  11. Duke replied to jetskisteve's topic in Saltwater
    Wow very cool... some tank to have at home! you would need a gen to power it or loto.
  12. Duke replied to Fay's topic in Saltwater
    Stupid question but are there any hose clips in your tank? Or copper as sugested by Keven? Have you tested for metal? Sounds like you are poisioning the water with your setup? Just a thought.
  13. Duke replied to TM's topic in Saltwater
    yep always some thing going on....
  14. I also use to use biodigest/bioptin and found I had issuies with alge growth on my sand. I don't vacuum it and need to once the weather improves to get NSW. Started Zeo again and have noticed a change all ready.
  15. Duke posted a topic in Saltwater
    Added 7 blue eyed carninals to my tank. They did not last 12hrs as my Nigger Trigger ate them.. sucked their eyes out. :evil: Life is a bitch.... not as bad as Jamies... sorry jamies but when all things look bad I think of you.
  16. Duke replied to raeh1's topic in Saltwater
    This is a good reason for having your sump under the house with good air flow... nice and cool.
  17. I am with you PuttPutt... I think pictures sy it all. lduncan show us some pictures of your coral growth? If its so good then you will have the same problem as Puttputt and they grow out of your tank!
  18. I had Oscars once and they loved a ping pong ball. True they would attack it all day long. Took a while for them to start but when they did it was fun.
  19. Great post Bubbles.... and CA reactor for me. To easy and I'm lazy. Tried the two part mix and it's a pain to mix things when you can't be bothered. But the CA reactor does block from time to time and takes 5min to fix. I also add Mg chips which makes it even easier.
  20. Cool will be interesting to see how it goes. Pictures please.
  21. Suphew, Yes grows like a monster... I have plenty of bits if anyone wants some.... oh and snails. No my clam usually opens more... I had just moved it and it was a little pissed.
  22. Thankd Fay..
  23. Thanks everyone yes my camera is not the best and the back ground does make it look dark. But I am pleased with the colour and would not change it. I was going to use black.
  24. Nice to see all the new tanks...... in time they will have SPS corals growing out the top!! Great work

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.