Everything posted by LisaC
-
Snails - not really a disease but certainly a pest!
I had a problem with snails a while ago, and I scooped as many as I could with a net each night (though they did get cunning and hide after the second night) and reduced the population that way. Hope that helps Lisa
-
Help-cat is really aggressive!
Does she have a flea collar? I know our 'nasty' cat was much nicer after removing his flea collar. Hope you are able to sort out your fluffy problems!! Lisa
-
Late Notice - NZKA AGM this Saturday
Would love to be there an meet all you guys, but have just made arrangements to go away :-?
-
Vote For My Dog
That's fantastic news!!! But then again, he is one gorgeous dog Well done :happy2:
-
Angry Wasps
There are no wasps to be seen!! I thought it was supposed to take 24 hours (unless they are dying inside their nest) Really impressed. 1-0 to us, though cautiously optimistic
-
Angry Wasps
Thanks for all the replies. This evening hubby donned all sorts of protective gear and dumped a whole lot of No Wasps (basically Carbaryl) on it, only to discover that a friend (landscaper) does it for his clients all the time :-? Anyway, they were covered in it, flying in and out of the nest, so will wait until they are good and dead before we investigate
-
Angry Wasps
:sml1: Thanks Simon. Am really wanting to get it done straight away as they are even more annoyed after tonight's investigations.
-
Angry Wasps
I am not severe at all, but have developed a healthy fear of them when in large numbers. I believe they are german wasps. The nest is right next to the house (and telephone wires) so have no desire to set anything alight
-
Angry Wasps
Does anyone know of a good exterminator for wasps? We have a wasp nest by our front door, and I am allergic to bee & wasp stings and am rather concerned about the whole thing. They were in an aloe plant which hubby took to last night to reveal the nest. It is too big for him to deal with, and all day today they have been angry. So I guess my question is, does anyone know an exterminator who comes the same day you call them (and doesn't cost the earth - unless the two are inseparable)? Thanks in advance Lisa
-
Frog likes technology........Has his revenge
:sml1:
-
Vote For My Dog
He's beautiful!! Would look lovely on their label! All the best
-
Have you guys seen this?
Saw this on TM http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=438272415 I presume this was Barrie's setup? Hope it goes to someone who will breed them
-
motivationals for women who like to sew/knit/craft
I do like the first one. So true :lol:
-
Phone scam
We've had them 3 times now. It's kinda fun leading them on, because we run linux, so the stuff they tell you to do doesn't work. My hubby had one of them going for absolutely ages until he got bored (hubby that is). His theory is the longer he wastes their time, the less people they can scam :dunno:
-
Snail problem!!
What sort of snails do you have? Dwarf chain loaches are cool and do a great job, but they don't eat Malaysian trumpet snails
- Killifish Breeders
-
Killifish Breeders
I am also looking for some australe gold females
-
Empty Medicine Bottles
Do they have them at Plastic Box or similar?
-
Air swimmers
They stated somewhere that they are for indoor use only. Would love to get hold of one too!
-
Ideas to get rid of snails?
If they are trumpet snails, chain loaches wont eat them - I have 5 chain loaches, and my tank is overrun with them
-
I finally have some killies!!
I plan to Wok, but I think I am left with 2 males :oops: so am on the lookout for another female or two.
-
I finally have some killies!!
Sadly "deadfish" finally did die The other two are happily swimming around the tank. If anyone has any females out there, can they please let me know? Thanks so much Lisa
-
I finally have some killies!!
Thanks HFF - turns out there was a large difference in ph. Hopefully she will be fine Thanks also Zev - That makes sense now. Think I will stop worrying, and checking her "live-ness" status. Lisa
-
I finally have some killies!!
They are meant to be 1 male and 2 female. I saw "deadfish" swimming around as though nothing was wrong just before, but has since gone into hibernation mode. Is this normal?? This morning I found her floating on her side in the weed, but later on found her elsewhere looking unenergetic, but a bit alive. The others were trying to get her to move!! Was so sweet. I was about to euthanise her, until I saw her swimming normally tonight. (Lucky I didn't have any clove oil!!) Any ideas would be appreicated. (Will call HFF in the morning too) Lisa
-
I finally have some killies!!
Oops I double posted - not sure how to delete this one :roll: