Everything posted by Robbo
-
heater problem
Dark said:The heater was set to 18degC and kept the tank at a lovely 26degC (because the strips take a little while to adjust during temperature changes & the heater put out a lot of heat in that time wouldn't the temp fluctuate between below 18degC and 26degC ? When the heater finally stopped putting out heat the temp would have to drop to below 18degC for the thermostat to come back on again? Must have been out of calibration due to bimetal warping ? Robbo
-
heater problem
Hi Midas, the bimetal is probably warped over a period of time. Open the heater up and reshape the bimetal. A bit of trial and error maybe but should work fine. Cheers Robbo Alan said"giving the electrodes a rub down with emery paper" I wouldn't use emery paper cause you want as flat a contact surface as you can get. We used to use the round part of a crochet hook and smoothen the contact surface. Hope this helps? Robbo
-
Hey everyone
Welcome wobuffet what sort of fish do you keep ? Robbo
-
Black Neon babies!
Hi Cat, congrats on the Neon babies Any pix forthcoming ? Cheers Robbo
-
Has anyone had any experience with skunk botia?
Hi Tony, thanks for that. I have no problems to date. I have seen them chase eachother but are leaving everyone else alone. Very fast fish ! Cheers Robbo
-
Has anyone had any experience with skunk botia?
Thanks guys, sofar they are fine but I will certainly keep an aye on them Robbo
-
A mad "African"
you're not only "Malawimad" but also "fianceemad" ! Welcome to our growing little community. Never had Malawis but will one day I am sure. What beautifull fish ! Cheers Robbo
-
pic of red lizard catfish
good on ya Sue, he/she is very nice Good luck Robbo
-
pic of red lizard catfish
Thanks for that Suemack. Are you going to get a female and breed them ? Robbo
-
pic of red lizard catfish
Hi Suemack, what an absolutely stunning fish! Just to put it in perspective what is his length? Cheers, Robbo
-
Has anyone had any experience with skunk botia?
Thanks for that I will keep a sharp eye out ! Sofar so good Cheers Robbo
-
Has anyone had any experience with skunk botia?
Hi there fellow fishy people, I have recently aquired 2 skunk botia. They are in a tank with platys, guppies and black neons. I have read that they are really nasty towards any other fish but sofar have had no problems ! Has anyone kept these and what sort of problems have you encountered? Any info would be appreciated, Robbo
-
Hello All From The Wellywood Shire
Hi Ballistic welcome to the best fishy place you can find. Breeding Krebensis sounds nice, will try myself at some stage. For now I stick to the easy ones, guppies and platys. Good luck and talk to you soon in one of the threads. Robbo
-
Hello
Hi there Dreamchaser, sorry to hear about your male Aphyosemion scheeli. Such a nice looking Killifish. Welcome aboard ofcourse and happy breeding. :lol: Robbo
- Hello all
-
www.homereef.co.nz
Hi Pies, cannot give you any usefull feedback but WOW ! What a nice looking tank and fish ! Love the webpage, Robbo
-
Babies are out n about.
Hi Goldie, congrats indeed. Well done ! Do the babies keep you awake at night ?? hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: Any pix at a later date ? Cheers Robbo
-
What a selection!
We have an Elephantnose in our LFS at the mo $55 retail. They are indeed beautifull Robbo
-
What a selection!
I like the blue panaque placo ! Thanks for the website chrismack. Robbo
-
hi all from count_sexy_tart
Hi there count, we too have met on other threads. I will do my best to be there Thursday 13 th at 8 pm Cheers Robbo
-
keyhole's not sick - got eggs!!!!!!!!
What a shame Suemack ! They are such pretty fish. Hope they do it all over again soon, good luck ! Robbo
-
keyhole's not sick - got eggs!!!!!!!!
Does that mean a catfish lover is CATANKEROUS ?
-
yay..i have eggs!!!
Hi Meggy, don't worry about posting twice! When you are as enthusiastic as you are As far as I am concerned you can post it three times. Good luck with the eggs, Robbo
-
I've got Jewel eggs!
I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck Robbo
-
fungus I think
Hi Fishnut, my lfs told me to treat water as per instruction and leave water as is for a week. Then change water as per normal and filter out leftover Methylene blue with active carbon or other filtration. Hope this helps, Robbo