Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A mad "African"

Featured Replies

Hi all the fishy people!!

I'm Terry, like many on this site I will be joining the All Blacks!! (S.A. Rugby just let me down again!!) Hee hee

I am from Cape Town (SA) and have been breeding Malawi's + others for about 10years now! I have collected a variety of fish (many strait from the lakes) throughout Africa. I am settling in Auckland with my Fiance! (Getting married soon!!!) Just to show her how much I love her I am leaving my collection behind. ( :cry: still trying to get an importer to help me!!!) This must be love or stupdity hee hee!! as I am selling my 5000 fingerlings 5 X 2m tanks and 9 X 1m tanks!! and moving to NZ (December 2003) "WHAT LOVE DOES!!!!"

I am comforted by this website and with the hope NZ have alot to offer me in the AFRICAN range? :wink: I have already made contact with my first tank in NZ "Thanks to "Trade and Exchange" and "The Claw" hee hee!! I am going to love it there!!! :o

How is the Malawi, Tanga's and Victorians market their. Hope NZ have enough variety to supply my cravings! I am looking at shipping 50 x(2mx600X600) later next year with pump and sump filtres! I will sell half off to cover my shipping :lol: ! they will be in the region of NZ$500 if anyone wants. Well hopefully I get Taks cheaper in NZ that will save me alot of trouble!! Hopefully I don't flood the markets as I did here!! I am a big fish giveaway person!! thats probly bad news to the "fishy" Bussiness people! Hee hee!!

Nice to chat to you all!! Got to say buy to all my fishies now :cry: Waaa :cry: Waaa!!! as my time is running out!!

Peace, love and an abundance of beautiful tropical fish to all (brings Joy)

Ps: How I love my Fiance :D

Good to see you malawimad. I am not sure the range of African fish here is anywhere near what you are used to. It is improving but we have very strict quarantine regulations in NZ. There will be others better at telling you what is available as there is no lfs where I live and we don't see too many Africans (of the fish variety) down our way either.

I myself have an Mbuna tank (set up about 6 months now) with Labidochromis caeruleus, Copadichromis borleyi, Stigmatochromis modestus, aulonocara jacobfreibergi and Julidochromis marlieri (I know that last one doesn't fit but shhh).

You must be in love to be leaving it all behind. I hope you stay in love too :D

Welcome to NZ (almost)

  • Author

Thanks for the welcome!! Looks like I will have to take what i get!!

Aulonocara jacobfreibergi is one of my favourites!!! I was doing a little thinking maybe its time for "change". Has anyone manage to succesfully raise Knife Fish in New Zealand! I spawned then before but eggs never hatched!! I am keen on new and different stuff aswell!

you're not only "Malawimad" but also

"fianceemad" !

Welcome to our growing little community.

Never had Malawis but will one day I am sure.

What beautifull fish !

Cheers

:wink:

Robbo

welcome,not to many africans around not to many of anything around thanks to our maff laws,still lots of fun.would be keen on a tank.tell me more

thanks

mark

there was a guy from Malawi boarding at my friends house and he had a lot of cichilds he had got when he went back for a holiday and to buy some fish for the pet store he worked at. i'll see if he still around and sober and not-stoned.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.