Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

yay..i have eggs!!!

Featured Replies

Came home from work today to find my female fighter had escaped the partition i set up in the tank..and my new male tending over his bubblenest full of eggs! :D

Removed the female (with no nipped fins or damage) back to her tank and left dad to it. Was a little surprised at the speed and ease with which this all happened considering i thought i was taking it all a little slower..obviously they had other plans!

Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and they don't get eaten or fungused. The one and only other sucessful spawn i had was 9 months ago..and the mum is one of those babies. I'm one very excited person right now :D <---- Meggy's goofy grin from ear to ear!

will dun meggy u doing some thing i be wonting to do with my pink lady if it go will and u get a pink male let me kown plz plz plz as ive been looking for one to go with my pink lady.

fingers cross for u meggy will dun

keep as post on how it go ok cool .

bikiegirl

Fins crossed Meggy!

I am about to acquire a red male fighter as some people are moving and can't take the fishes. I know someone who wants one but hasn't anywhere to put him yet so I will fish-sit him until they are able to take him. No female for him though. Perhaps I ought to get one! :D

I am not a fan of fighters particularly.

  • Author

day 2...

So far, so good. Still have eggs. Unfungused ones! :D

The dad has moved them all to one area of the bubblenest and keeping a very close eye on them. Still spitting lots of bubbles into the nest. It is HUGE!

The dad is an orangey/red crowntail and the mum is purpleish (sometimes she looks plain with just a hint of colour but in the right light she's very very purple)..she came from a turquoise dad and a red cambodian mum.

Not going to speculate on colours here til I have some live babies to feed! (trying so hard not to get too excited..its not working though) :D I don't know anything about fishy genetics although i'd like to learn. Been reading a lot about it..but retaining what i've read is the hard part.

I'm afraid the fish bug has bit real hard this time..I'm busting my guts to get back to the fish shops and find more fish i just HAVE to have!

What a great place this is...none of my friends will listen to me getting excited over my fish..they just think im insane :-?

Thank's guys

  • Author

day 2...

So far, so good. Still have eggs. Unfungused ones! :D

The dad has moved them all to one area of the bubblenest and keeping a very close eye on them. Still spitting lots of bubbles into the nest. It is HUGE!

The dad is an orangey/red crowntail and the mum is purpleish (sometimes she looks plain with just a hint of colour but in the right light she's very very purple)..she came from a turquoise dad and a red cambodian mum.

Not going to speculate on colours here til I have some live babies to feed! (trying so hard not to get too excited..its not working though) :D I don't know anything about fishy genetics although i'd like to learn. Been reading a lot about it..but retaining what i've read is the hard part.

I'm afraid the fish bug has bit real hard this time..I'm busting my guts to get back to the fish shops and find more fish i just HAVE to have!

What a great place this is...none of my friends will listen to me getting excited over my fish..they just think im insane :-?

Thank's guys

  • Author

oops..sorry bout the double up on posts..said it didnt work the first time i submitted it. IT WAS WRONG!! :lol:

Hi Meggy,

don't worry about posting twice!

When you are as enthusiastic as you are As far as I am concerned you

can post it three times.

Good luck with the eggs,

Robbo

  • Author

Thanks Robbo..I'll try this morning to curb my enthusium and just post this the once :lol: ..gonna be hard though... :D:D:D Today we have babies, lots and lotsa little hairlike jumping babies, falling from the nest and leaping back up. The dad is watching and saving the ones that don't bounce back up straight away. There didn't look to be that many eggs when i had my nose pressed up against the tank looking at them...but now i see all the tails theres a few more than i thought.

Now to keep them all alive!

Meggy, how deep is their water?

If you drop it to 150mm,

the daddy doesn't have so much work to do,

the babies can get back to the top,

and you have a bigger area of humid air,

that is vital for the babies.

G'luck

Alan

  • Author

Hi Alan,

Thier water isn't much over that..the tank isnt quite half full and I did notice one that made it to the bottom spring back up to the top..i might syphon out a little more though. Thanks for that..will go do it before work. Have a great day all :D

  • Author

babies are now 6 days old. Loads of them!!

Looking more like fish than pieces of hair with eyes! The dad is busily building another bubblenest in another tank which is not going to get him anywhere right now. One spawn at a time is all i can handle!

Thinking tomorrow I might give them some baby brineshrimp. They are looking big enough to tackle some! :D

  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.