Everything posted by Robbo
-
Hello from a new aquarium owner
Hi Kuos, just had a look. Ugly but beautifull. Are they fairly common? Cheers Robbo
-
apple snails and algae?????
Hi Sue and Robert, thanks for your replies. I was told it would easily take care of a 8-10 G tank Obviously not. They are so cute I might buy another 1 or 2 Thanks again Robbo
-
Hello from a new aquarium owner
Hi there Kuos, welcome to the website. Must have a look and see what a Banjo catfish looks like. Cheers for now, Robbo
-
apple snails and algae?????
Hi Sue, sorry can't help with applesnails but have a question about your ottos. I hope you mean otocinclis ? Just bought one yesterday as my LFS told me it was the TERMINATOR of all algae. What was your experience with them? Thanks Robbo 8)
-
A question about.......
Hi bikiegirl, thanks for the info. Cheers Robbo
-
A question about.......
Hi there Mothertrout and Suemack, how long can you keep Platys and Guppys for that matter in a breedingtrap? Thanks, Robbo
-
Pictures from my fishroom
Thanks Alan, very sorry to hear that. Robbo
-
Hi Everyone!
Hi there northland chic, welcome to the forum. Nine tanks seems a nice number, I will put it on my wishlist! Bye for now, Robbo
-
Pictures from my fishroom
Hi Andrew, I think I am confused. When you said Dad's place the penny dropped. I met his dad ( Terry? ) not Kevin. Do you know what happened to Terry? Cheers for now, Robbo
-
Pictures from my fishroom
Andrew said: >Maybe Kevin Rowe got them? I met Kevin Rowe probably 13-14 years ago. Is he still around ? Same place ? Thanks for all the info sofar, I would love to keep Killifish and will at a later date. For now I will have to be content with what I have. Unfortunately family comes first ? Whom ever thought of that should be held accountable amongst fishkeepers ! In the meantime I can enjoy your pictures Robbo
-
Pictures from my fishroom
Hi Alan, what is NZKA ? Cheers Robbo
-
Pictures from my fishroom
Hi Andrew, no they sold 2 days after arriving. Very nice fish indeed, are they hard to keep and breed? They are not a community fish are they? Kind regards Robbo
-
Pictures from my fishroom
Hi Andrew, very nice looking fish indeed! I have seen Fundulopanchax gardneri in our local shop last week. Sold for $27 each ??? How old are the angels? Cheers, Robbo
-
I love my fishies, I love my fishies...
Welcome mothertrout, good to see incredible enthusiasm ! Sounds like the bug hit like a mule, looking forward to some more of a good thing. Sounds like next time I am in Taupo ( bungied about a year ago) I have to visit your local fish store. Talk to you soon and keep up the happy happies :lol: Robbo
-
n00b question..
Hi Myst, I once backed a tank with a thin mirror. Had an awesome effect if you don't mind seeing yourself ! Robbo
-
Intro from Paraparaumu
Hi Spent, thanks for the welcome and info. I will give Roger a ring and talk to him. Sounds like a nice smallish number doesn't it? See you on the website again soon, Cheers Robbo
-
Intro from Paraparaumu
read that gh of 8 was a bit high specially for plants like you said, making their life as pleasant as possible :oops:
-
Intro from Paraparaumu
Hi MGilchrist, a gh or kh of 1 equals 17.9 PPM = 17.9 mg/l ! My water has a : gh of 53.7 PPM or mg/l. kh of 17.9 PPM or mg/l. hope this helps ? thanks, Robbo
-
Intro from Paraparaumu
Hi Ira, used it because gh was 8 is 8 ok is it? cheers Robbo
-
bloodworms - how often to feed????????
hi suemack, are the daphnia you feed frozen or live? can you get daphnia cultures? cheers Robbo
-
Intro from Paraparaumu
Hi MGilchrist and Andrew, thanks for the replies ! just done another water test, results : ph 6.6 ammonia 0 ppm nitrite 0 ppm gh 3 kh 1 have had a water softener in for 48 hrs as last week gh was 8 and kh was 2 I only have plants ( Vallisneria, Blue Hygro and Hair grass lookalike ) gravel and rocks. No peat. Using tapwater with water ager and cycle at each water change. I change between 20 and 30 % Is my kh too low? How do you increase kh ? thanks again, Robbo
-
Newbie from ChCh
Hi Sucky Fish, welcome. I too am new but have had tropical fish for a while ( 20 yrs or so ). Still consider myself a novice but as you probably have found out there is a wealth of knowledge in this group. Like Pegasus said you will have to fix the lonely guppy. Is it male or female ? Cheers for now, Robbo
-
Newbie from Palmerston North
Hi Craig, good looking tank is right. What is the small tank to the right-hand side ???? What future plans are you hiding ??? Cheers Robbo
-
Intro from Paraparaumu
Hi Caryl, cost per page is not too bad for a colour laser. Anyway, enough techo stuff. Maybe you can answer a fishy question for me or anyone else that may be reading this? My Ammonia level is 0 ppm :lol: My Nitrate/Nitrite levels are 0 ppm :lol: My PH goes from 7.0 to about 6.4 in a weeks time Any ideas as to why? Would love some help Cheers for now Robbo
-
Intro from Paraparaumu
I actually got this printer because it had ink right through it. I quoted the customer I think 2.5 Hrs labour but he refused and left it for parts. Took me 6.5 Hrs to completely strip and clean including the duplexer! Worth the effort, beaut printing! I hate to think what colour laser consumables are worth, what sort of cost per page do you get? Cheers for now Robbo