Anyone following the L239 auction?

KrazyGeoff

Odd. Those have being bred quite well AFAIK. I'm a bit out of touch with the fancy pleco scene at the moment. But that price is ridiculous.

I dislike his comment about the colouration and mood - he'll find they go 'bluer' in oxygen rich water.

Are L201s even being bred here? First I'm hearing of it. Typical hypan I suppose.

But I'm most interested in the L130s being bred. http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/spe ... es_id=1284

Are the any L130 in NZ?

They are not something I have heard of being here.

Another very good question.

The auction will have ended by this time tomorrow, and then apparently, the unanswered questions will also be shown.

After that happens then the information in those "questions" will show that there will be some red faces out there in the land of wild opinions........

I think there may be some confusion around the pricing? They appear to be retailing >$100 at the moment from my experience?

From the seller? Or the buyers?

The current price is in the $150-190 range, if you can find one which I don't think is that hard?

The contention has more to do with calling someone out when they say they got them cheaper and basically saying they don't know what they are talking about.

A better response may have been to say, "well done, but the ones currently on the market are worth $x"

There were a number available for $60.00 a few years ago, and that is just what it is.

As we all know, a fish is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it, and not a cent more.

The $50.00 postage is slightly entertaining though.

From the seller? Or the buyers?

The current price is in the $150-190 range, if you can find one which I don't think is that hard?

The contention has more to do with calling someone out when they say they got them cheaper and basically saying they don't know what they are talking about.

A better response may have been to say, "well done, but the ones currently on the market are worth $x"

There were a number available for $60.00 a few years ago, and that is just what it is.

As we all know, a fish is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it, and not a cent more.

The $50.00 postage is slightly entertaining though.

Ah, that makes sense - I was more confused about the criticism about the price - I'm newer to the scene so didn't see them at $60, have only seen them sold in the triple digits.