September 12, 201412 yr comment_554259 Yes, they are my favourite sort of fish. It is disappointing the lack of variety we get in NZ, but currently I keep chocolate talking cats, hoplo cat fish and feather fin syno. I want more, but I can't find any more in NZ that will go with my cichlids. I tried pictus a few months ago, and they got eaten with in 5 minutes of getting released, so am cautious about getting smaller fish since that. Report
September 12, 201412 yr comment_554265 yep, i have been focusing on my breeding group of port hoplo. Have had one spawn so far, approx 200 fry, many got eaten by bad parents but I managed to save a few which are doing well. next spawn I will remove parents immediately! aaaanyway. why do you ask david? Report
September 12, 201412 yr Author comment_554267 aaaanyway. why do you ask david? Was mildly concerned they might do away with this forum due to lack of traffic. Good to see I'm not the only who still likes them. and here's a picture... Report
September 12, 201412 yr Author comment_554271 and another picture, just for the "holy crap" factor... Report
September 12, 201412 yr comment_554272 Sun cats , choc cat feather fin syno syno decorus hoplo cat, upside down cats :lol: Report
September 12, 201412 yr comment_554273 Now one of those big pleco's would be nice to get. If only that could get imported. Would like to get a sun cat though, haven't seen any for sale in ages though. Report
September 12, 201412 yr comment_554277 Oh and a pearl mystus which I have had for about 5 years.... Report
September 12, 201412 yr comment_554283 I have a few plecs and a pair of royal whiptails. I will post some pics once they are in their new tank. Report
September 12, 201412 yr comment_554287 and another picture, just for the "holy crap" factor... HOLY CRAP ! Report
September 12, 201412 yr comment_554288 I have 4 Cuckoo synodontis in my tank , they are definitely my favorites but don't come out much :fshi: Report
September 12, 201412 yr comment_554301 I'll be getting my syno petricolas soon, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to ask when they arrive. Report
September 14, 201412 yr comment_554345 Some of my plecs that got moved into the new tank today, male whiptail is 19cm, female is 20cm plus a 16cm whip. Report
September 14, 201412 yr Author comment_554352 Very nice! I saw the top half of the pic and had to do a double take, looks remarkably similar to my pic from the other weekend! Report
September 14, 201412 yr comment_554354 Very nice! I saw the top half of the pic and had to do a double take, looks remarkably similar to my pic from the other weekend! Even though there is only one of the same fish, and you have removed the wheel's from your bin, I see the similarity. :nfs: the both of you Report
September 14, 201412 yr comment_554355 Here's one of my rare Bristlenose Remoras... And buckethead ancistrus... And a ringneck catfish... I can only conclude from the last two that fish are morons. And I have a lot of crap that's fallen in my tanks... Report
September 14, 201412 yr Author comment_554356 That first pic is an oldie but a goodie. Even though there is only one of the same fish, and you have removed the wheel's from your bin, I see the similarity. Good spotting Detective Geoff! Report
September 14, 201412 yr comment_554361 we have synodontis x 3 catfish one is around 20cm lol big belly on it. Funny looking fellows sarah Report
September 15, 201412 yr comment_554390 Other than the natives I have 2 pair of whiptails (red and panda), 5 sterbai cory, one gold spot and 5 glass cats (well I've only seen 4 at any one time for the last few months :ske: ) Report
September 15, 201412 yr comment_554406 I have 5 red whiptails - 1 male, 1 female and the rest unknown, 4 albino long fin bn - 1 male, 1 female and the others unknown. Just sold my mature long fin calico female as I don't have a male for her. This section is unlikely to disappear with 3 or more of the exec passionate about their plecs Lack of traffic won't make a section disappear Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.