Hello everbody!

Howsie

Hello everbody!

I have been looking at this site for I kid you not 2 years and it took me this long to find the Register button :facepalm: but that doesn't matter now because Im online.

Here's a little about me.

I've been in the hobby for about 3 and a half years and recently joined the HBAS. I'm primarily interested in South American fish (tetra,catfish,dwarf cichlids). I have two tanks. My mums 54 litre school tank.Technically its hers but I run it and am trying to convince her to dicth the gold fish and go tropical.And then I have my main tropical, planted, low tech, south american themed, 215L, Ar980 tank that is starting up again after a large rescape. The live stock include a keyhole cichlid, a school of 11 lemon tetra, a bristlenose and a couple of ottos. I'm looking at changing things around and am interested in getting some new fish and/or plants. My ultimate goal is to have a healthy, heavily planted tank and maybe a little bit of fish breeding in the near future. Untill then I hope to learn a lot from the rest of you.

Thanks

Matt.

I only looked at the FNZAS home page and saw how to join the FNZAS not register on the actual forum I felt soooooooooo stupid today when i found it. I still cant believe how long it took. I assumed that once I joined a club someone would email me something and it took me for ever to do that. I feel like there has been a lot of wasted time when i could have been actually contributing rather than watching on.

@Caryl: I am aware that the tank is too small and i really want to get our pond dug in so i can get them out. There's two and theyre still small but i want them out ASAP so that the tank doesnt stunt there growth. I also put another filter on to keep the water flow up and help with the bioload but i dont want to be one of those people who overstock the tank and assume they'll be right.

Welcome to the site finally, good to hear that you are doing your best to rehome the gold fish, they will do much better in a pond.

Thanks and i agree they will do much better in a pond considering it'll be atleast five times the size of their current home.

I guess you guys have learnt something else about me, I'm good at telling bad jokes.

Is there a difference between the login for the forum and the login for the members area on the fnzas home page?

The logon on the main FNZAS is for financial members of the FNZAS, the forum login ins just for the forum. When you join an affiliated club your details should get passed on to the FNZAS team for the details to get loaded on (username/club/... etc)

Welcome Matt :wave: , seems to be a few matt's around, myself included :slfg:

Thanks. Its a good name isnt it.

The logon on the main FNZAS is for financial members of the FNZAS, the forum login ins just for the forum. When you join an affiliated club your details should get passed on to the FNZAS team for the details to get loaded on (username/club/... etc)

I joined the forum after I joined the club so that either is still to come or i need to talk to someone at the next meeting about setting that up. Thanks

Before...

003_zps234c63b0.jpg

After and in progress

006_zps9c76bc25.jpg

Main changes are the substrate and some plants but am thinking about adding some more drift wood swapping out plants and fish.

I will post a pic in the freshwater tanks column later when the tanks looking better

Did the pics work?