Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

danval

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation Activity

  1. Like
    danval reacted to JJWooble in Sterbai Corydora Breeding Log   
    Thanks guys Im really happy with how this breed turned out, particularly since I only got one fry off my last lot of corys
  2. Like
    danval got a reaction from fishyNZ in Apistogramma macmasteri   
    Nice work fishyNZ. I also used to find these easy to breed once you get a good pair. Also the Apisto Trifisciata were also easily bred.
    Do you have any other Apistos?  There doesn't seem to be much variety here in NZ at the moment...
  3. Like
    danval reacted to JJWooble in Apistogramma macmasteri   
    Very nice  I have a group of 9 juvenile steel blue apistos and am looking forward to when they may start breeding for me  
  4. Like
    danval reacted to fishyNZ in Apistogramma macmasteri   
    Tank update (left side only). They breed easily and almost continuously. Several third generation fry are growing up already.
     
  5. Like
    danval reacted to fishyNZ in Apistogramma macmasteri   
    Here's the tank setup; 6-foot and slightly over 300L.  It is subdivided into two sections: one has a pair of apistomac, 5 black neon tetras and an L140 pleco whilst the other, a trio of apistomac, 5 black neons and an L140 pleco as well.

  6. Like
    danval reacted to fishyNZ in Apistogramma macmasteri   
    Approximately day-30; fry have been separated and are growing up nicely.  Also eating good, have tried feeding repashy as well and they just devour it.

     
  7. Like
    danval reacted to alanmin4304 in Whitebait sale ban petition   
    While the introduced fish like trout and salmon are considered more important than our natives they will have about as much chance of survival as our native lizards and frogs while people believe that cats should be free to roam and prey on whatever they fancy. Our values are a wee bit out of wack.
  8. Like
    danval got a reaction from land_lubber in Apistogramma macmasteri   
    I would start feeding them soon or they will all disappear...  I have had success with microworms and egg yolk mixture when free swimming. Small brineshrimp are probably best but I have never tried. I followed up with daphnia and newly hatched mosquito larvae when they were a little bigger.  I have successfully raised numerous species of Apisto's using the egg yolk and microworm procedure.  Good luck.
  9. Like
    danval got a reaction from Adrienne in Apistogramma macmasteri   
    I used to feed the egg yolk mixed with green water. Feed sparingly otherwise you will foul your tank.
  10. Like
    danval got a reaction from Adrienne in Apistogramma macmasteri   
    I would start feeding them soon or they will all disappear...  I have had success with microworms and egg yolk mixture when free swimming. Small brineshrimp are probably best but I have never tried. I followed up with daphnia and newly hatched mosquito larvae when they were a little bigger.  I have successfully raised numerous species of Apisto's using the egg yolk and microworm procedure.  Good luck.
  11. Like
    danval reacted to fishyNZ in Some apistogramma photos   
    Apistogramma macmasteri pair

     
     
  12. Like
    danval got a reaction from fishyNZ in Some apistogramma photos   
    Some nice Macmasteri at Redwoods. https://www.facebook.com/362922040384854/photos/pcb.1089211377755913/1089210584422659/?type=3&theater
     
  13. Like
    Hi all. 
     
    Firstly I would like to thank our Club President Dave Dalziel for organising the molly hunt in Tokaanu last weekend. Dave's enthusiasm and commitment to club made this an enjoyable weekend. Hot pools were also great. It was a very enjoyable weekend and we also had other FNZAS members turn up. We also visited the Tongariro Trout Hatchery and for those who haven't been there I would highly recommend you go there. A bit wet and horrible weather but that didn't deter us from hunting mollys. Walking in the thermal swamp mud up to your knees was fun and there were hundreds of molly. I myself had some here at home and will be willing to pass them onto new homes once they have acclimatised and have grown.
    Plenty of photos on our Facebook page
     
     
    Also we will be having our October Tank crawl on Saturday 17th October so start preparing your tanks
     
    We will be having our September meeting on Thursday 1st October at the Waikato Commerce Club starting at 7PM. 
     
    Please come along and support the club.
     
    Subject: Questions and Answers night. Come along with any questions you have and we will attempt to answer them. Usually on these nights we all learn a lot more about fish keeping. 
     
    We will also have a sales table so bring along anything you want to sell.
     
     
    See you there
     
    Trevor Collins
    Secretary
    Waikato Aquarium Society
  14. Like
    danval got a reaction from fishyNZ in Some apistogramma photos   
    Awesome stuff. Havn't seen many of these around in a bit.  Hope fully things work out and you can breed them
  15. Like
    danval reacted to Caldwell in Apistogramma   
    No non at the moment. Something killed off my Tri's - bodies bent and not wanting to eat.

    Looking at setting up breeding tanks once I get my stuff sorted and find some good suppliers again.
  16. Like
    danval reacted to fishyNZ in Some apistogramma photos   
    Some photos of my apistogrammas (testing image attachments):
    Apistogramma agassizii male

    Apistogramma trifasciata pair

    Apistogramma cacatuoides male

    Apistogramma panduro

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.