CD Burner

Jaide

Can anyone recommend a CD burning programme that will burn mp3 songs to disc and leave no gaps between the tracks? I have used two programmes and have set them to 0 seconds between gaps but there's still a slight jump there.

Are you sure your mp3's don't already have a little silence at the begining and end of the track?

+1. listen to them before you burn them. Usually already a gap there. You dont normally have one song running into another.

I just used windows dvd burner last time. POwer DVD quite often. If you want them running into each other you will have to edit the tracks first.

The tracks are mixed by a DJ to be played continuously with track 1 running into track 2 and track 2 into track 3 etc. - there are no gaps at the front or end of each track if I play them individually.

If you played them normally on your pc right now all in 1 playlist, do they play with out gaps? you will probably have to use a program to merge all tracks into 1 large track :/

Yes, it plays it as if it's one continuous song. I guess I'll have to do as you and Ira have suggested and try audio editor. I've never used one before so can you recommend a good one to use please?

formatfactory is free and really good.

Thanks for that - I've used audio joined to make one file, my question is: when I burn this to disc - will it show as only one file or individual tracks on the disc menu? I would like to be able to skip tracks if I can so if it's only one file, that's no good.

The problem is trying to burn the tracks to disc without any gaps. It seems that burning programmes with the burning process set to "0 seconds between gaps" still leaves a very slight jump.

can you burn them in another format than mp3 ?

I don't understand everyone's confusion :dunno:

I have a free d/l of a music CD mixed by a DJ - each song is supposed to run into the next so there is no gap between songs. However, I'm only able to d/l one song at a time (which is how the site is set up) - so when I try to burn the songs to disc, even if I set the burning programme to put no gaps between songs, it still leaves a slight gap between tracks. It's irrelevant on what I play the CD on as it plays exactly the same.

I have done this before with an old version of Nero that I actually paid money for way back when. The CD arrived on my doorstep from Germany. This was in the days way before broadband so I couldn't just download it. Sorry I'm not up with the play of what burning software is out there now though. But if they could do it all that time ago, can't be too hard for some more modern software to do it now.