crap happens...

aotealotl

today while I was using my airbrush to paint stuff like this...

bnsf4340a9.jpg

...I did suddenly hear a strange noise coming from the air compressor...

shite2.jpg

shite3.jpg

...anyone with a spare bottle 4 cheap ? the compressor itself still works fine

and now I have to clean the carpet as well... :an!gry

shite4.jpg

(any ideas how to get rid of rusty stains on carpet ?) :facepalm:

Found this...

Let the carpet dry completely if the stain is wet.

Use a dull butter knife to remove any excess rust or white debris from the carpet. Work carefully; avoid pulling the carpet threads off the backing.

Mix a solution of mild detergent, such as dish soap, with cool water. Avoid using antibacterial soap. Clear soap, without dye, is the best choice. Put two squirts of soap into a spray bottle, and fill it with cool water.

Spray the stained area with the soap solution.

Use a clean cloth to blot the area. Avoid rubbing because this will push the stain down into the fibers. Just blot until the stain lifts off the rug onto the cloth. Rinse out the cloth often. Let the carpet dry once you have removed as much of the stain as possible with the soap.

Create a solution of 2 cups of lemon juice and 1 tsp. of salt in a spray bottle. Use this solution if the soap does not remove the stain. Let the carpet dry before spraying the lemon solution on the stain. Blot the stain again with a clean cloth. Let the carpet dry.

Mix a paste consisting of cream of tartar and water. Use enough tartar to cover what remains of the stain. The consistency of the paste should be similar to toothpaste. Spread the paste over the stain, and let it sit for an hour. Blot off the paste with a clean cloth and cool water.

Read more: How to Remove Rust & Water Stains in Carpet | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6146069_remove- ... z2Drll51qr

Nice work, do you do much/any kiwi stuff??

fixed an air leak on a joint on my spare air compressor and I am back in business...

...yes I do, just now I am painting an N scale Kato C30-7 into a freelanced KiwiRail model

maskedshell.jpg

(yellow is on, masked for the orange)

When I was younger I used to know a fella who had his whole house kitted out with trains , I mean everywhere. Coming through the walls from one room to another - he was slightly eccentric...

I have always admired the detail that goes into some of these projects.

Very impressive :thup: