Fish Food Importation discussion

smidey

Two sellers purchase an item that costs $100+gst from distributor, and both sell at auction $200. Now some auction houses will add GST on to that, but TM everything seems to be sold GST inclusive.

So, ignoring the GST component in TM's success fees, the GST registered vendor nets $74, and the non GST registered vendor nets $85. In this scenario, the latter earns 15% more. But the actual percentage will vary. So the non-GST registered vendor can afford to sell below the price that the GST registered vendor sells at.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been like this since as long as I can remember, I somehow don't see it changing in many of our lifetimes.

I just placed an order from overseas and I don't feel guilty about it at all, maybe if my LFS had purchased some of the fish I have bred instead of getting them from up north I would have spent more effort and money with them. Goes both ways, if they won't support the hobby why should the hobby support them, especially since I am saving over 65% on what I ordered overseas and that includes shipping, even if I could somehow convince the LFS to source me the same products I bet it would still take 2-3months to get it when from overseas it should be here by the end of the week. It is not my fault they can't and wont compete with the growing internet shopping market.

Two sellers purchase an item that costs $100+gst from distributor, and both sell at auction $200. Now some auction houses will add GST on to that, but TM everything seems to be sold GST inclusive.

So, ignoring the GST component in TM's success fees, the GST registered vendor nets $74, and the non GST registered vendor nets $85. In this scenario, the latter earns 15% more. But the actual percentage will vary. So the non-GST registered vendor can afford to sell below the price that the GST registered vendor sells at.

i would be seeking a better rate of auction fees if i was a business selling on TM due to volume of use as it is no different to trade rates elsewhere, the more you buy/use the better the price structure you get. I wonder if that happens.