Saying hi, and showing my tank

Barnacle

Hey Everyone,

Im Nick and I've been browsing here a while but never been able to register due to the email restrictions. Eventually figured out i can use my university email!

I've keept fish for a few years, but my tank lay dormant and neglected outside for a few years.

In March i decided id set it up again, only to find the silicone was peeling away. Completely dismantled the tank and resealed it and removed the annoying center brace across the top.

200L 950Lx550Hx450D

Aqua one cf1200 filter, 2x 30w t8 tubes, daylight + powerglo

Fish: assortment of live bearers, 3x sterbai corys, hoplo catfish, 2x gold bristlenoses or similar, 2 ottocinclus, 4x threadfin rainbows, 2x blue rams.

Substrate is fine black grit. I dont fertilize the tank, altho there is the odd JBL ball in the gravel.

Just after setting it up (beginning March):

P1100734-1.jpg

After 1 month (end March):

P1100897crop.jpg

Mid June:

P1120045-1.jpg

August:

P1120511-001.jpg

Now after i pulled most of the moss out yesterday:

P1120597_zps50a186e3.jpg

Thanks guys, yea im pretty pleased with how its been going... considering the lack of investment and time i put into it.

DennisP: That is something i found in one of the ponds on the farm. It grew well for a while, but now there are just a couple of small shoots of it popping up out of the gravel... dont think its too fond of the warm water.

F15hguy: it is funny how much the plats grew, even the blue platys in the second photo are now huge. All the guppys i have came from 1 female... wish they would stop breeding :P but atleast they are colourful and swim all over the tank. Pleasant to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Popped into HFF today and picked up some Zelandia grass/plant.

Planted it in the tank, and pulled a whole lot of Hygrophila polysperma out to make room for it.

EDIT: Heres a before photo from page1, 2 weeks ago to compare:

P1120597_zps50a186e3.jpg

P1120848.jpg

P1120846.jpg

So all that polysperma has had to go somewhere... weighted a couple of bunches until i ran out of lead. But now there's a nice dense mass of plants in the dark corner of the tank. Happy to sell it off if anybody wants it.

P1120847.jpg

Now to tidy up the rest of the tank and top it up.