• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P9280007.jpg

P9280003.jpg

P9280008.jpg

P9280013.jpg

All I had to do was melt a couple of extra holes with a soldering iron and attach it to the inside of the cabinet using wood screws. It holds the cylinder well and I'm pleased with how it looks.

P9280021.jpg

Glass check valve to stop water flowing back into the regulator. Had to heat up the polyurethane tubing with a lighter to get the check valve on, it's really solid so boiling water didn't work.

P9280023.jpg

Glass bubble counter in action.

P9280025.jpg

Glass and ceramic CO2 diffuser.

P9280030.jpg

Some of the Glosso at the end of the "path".

That fire extinguisher mount is perfect! :thup:

My thoughts exactly! :D

I dont know how you can be so patient and havnt filled the tank yet! I HAD to fill mine right after i put the tank in place

Sam is patient at the beginning, then he waits till it's looking perfect, gets impatient or bored, and then takes it down again :slfg:

Perfect summary Sophia :P I think I'm driving everyone nuts telling them how badly I want to plant and fill this tank :nilly: I think all the money I've put into it makes me a little more cautious, I want to get it right.

And thanks Joe! 8)

Today I installed the last piece of hardscape and started planting the tank. Spent around 6 hours on it including filling time so not bad at all. Here's some pics.

P9290003.jpg

A few of my choice pieces of driftwood from a NZ beach. Not all pieces are 100% waterlogged yet.

P9290006.jpg

The wood in place.

P9290015.jpg

A few of my plant palettes. Top left 'Sunset' Hygro, top right HM, bottom left Hygrophila difformis and bottom right R. rotundifolia.

P9290018.jpg

Very, VERY slowly filling up the tank, took well over an hour.

P9290019.jpg

This tank looks like it would make a decent riparium :lol:

_9290029.jpg

FTS of full tank.

_9290030.jpg

Right.

_9290031.jpg

Left.

It's looking really ratty and underplanted at the moment but with those fast growers (I'll regret those) in there, it should fill out quickly. Constructive criticism welcome :)

Thanks Kasey, I tried to fit as many in as possible, still got a bit of Ambulia to squeeze in but it needs to grow first.

@ blueether, I did fill it to the top after I took the photos :facepalm: I really hope P44 sees this though :lol:

Man I gotta get some Glass Lilly Pipes! Tanks Looking' Great :thup: :spop:

Thanks dude! Yeah they sure beat black or green plastic spray bars and intakes aye? :P They only cost $40 + shipping per set but I was super careful with them and didn't install them till the last minute, read so many horror stories of people with shards of lily pipe in their fingers :o