Project AA

SamH

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Planning on a bit of a bigger set up around the middle of this year, same filter, more CO2, similar lights, etc.

The CO2 gassed a fair few of my fish so I cut it off and needed the cylinder on my iwagumi. Yet to decide if I will keep this tank with the stock hood on it for a super low tech rig.

I was having issues with getting enough pressure out of the cylinder, I think there was a leak somewhere so I fiddled with the CO2 regulator. I thought it wasn't working so I left home but the valve was fully open. When I returned, the cylinder was pumping out huge amounts of gas into the tank so I shut it off and haven't used it since. Anyways, here's a photo of the tank as it currently stands.

IMG_9569_zps8f677a4f.jpg

Sodastream just adds another level of complexity. I found that each cylinder was slightly different so I had to add extra O rings to make up for this yet still I got leaks every time. Luckily I have a fair bit of thread tape and determination :lol: Having a big cylinder removes the adaptor part, straight regulator to cylinder making it a hell of a lot easier. Sodastream is cheaper initially when on a budget and certainly a viable option for smaller aquariums, but no way can it ever replace large cylinders for anything much over 60L.

• 4 weeks later...