Project AA

SamH

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is growth but no new leaves as of yet. I have a LOT of hacking back to do, there's still a ton of dead moss and leaves that have got to go. Damn algae magnets :x

Once the Rotala starts to put out new leaves it should start to go red.

Disaster strikes!

So last night around 12pm I noticed the pump making a funny noise, it was sucking in air cause it was too close to the surface. So instead of shifting it down, I simply turned it off and went to sleep. This morning I wake up to a beautifully silent tank but notice everyone gasping at the surface. So I moved the pump, lowered the water level so the lily pipe breaks the surface AND added an air stone. Hopefully the fish calm down soon, I might be able to do a quite water change and resume normal activities.

Day 20 and the tank is looking like this:

_A190009.jpg

_A190010.jpg

Tank is being overrun with brown, staghorn, blue/green and green spot algae. The main stuff is either in high light areas like on top of the wood or in the corners where there is no flow. I have two nano wavemakers and an inline diffuser on the way though so hopefully I can remedy these issues. In other news, down to 9 Embers due to a random death. Rotala has well and truly set in, big tidy up planned for Sunday, moving the HM further forward and using Rotala for the whole background. Also the glosso needs a good hacking back and the chain sword too.

Anyone know how to deal with chain sword? Can I just cut it?

looks pretty in there

I know but it's too big :nilly:

Nice pearling dude!

Thanks! Much of the pearling is on the algae and the plants only really pearl for the last few hours of the photoperiod. Pumping in so much CO2 the drop checker is a bright yellow but no one seems too bothered about it. Flow is my biggest issue really :x

I know but it's too big :nilly:

i get the idea that you like the process of creating a new tank with all the gadget and high tech stuff but then you don't like what happens when you do that... maybe you should do low tech where things happen more slowly... just a thought, I know you won't agree :slfg:

i get the idea that you like the process of creating a new tank with all the gadget and high tech stuff but then you don't like what happens when you do that... maybe you should do low tech where things happen more slowly... just a thought, I know you won't agree :slfg:
I don't mind that it's growing but the leaves look huge! :-?

The photo doesn't show it very well but the tops of the rotala had a pink hue to them. Yeah there's two powerglos in there, they don't cover about 7cm each end of the tank though due to the length of the tank :(

Added two wavemakers and an inline CO2 diffuser today, did a partial water change, moved the lily pipes and tried to get at some algae.

Here's a photo from the other night

_A230223.jpg

And I gave the CO2 a little go for a few seconds and it's been misting like this for well over 5mins now :o

_A250259.jpg

_A250256.jpg

It's a fine, hazy, smokey effect that I'm not sure if I like yet :-?