AUCKLAND REEF CLUB

reef

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so where will the next meeting be?

Is this a meeting of the society that Steve/nick where forming or is it another reef club?

I believe there is probably only room for one decent reef club in AKL with regullar meetings, (2nd blah of month) etc, speakers etc etc. I appreciate the work done by Alois/Steve/Nick

will it be possible for this control to be passed to an independant chairperson/committee etc so that the club is not controlled by commercial interests....

"If we continue to do what we have done, we will get what we have got."

this is for the Auck club whereas the one that steve and nick where doing was the NZMAS club (or something like that anyway)

Cool! 2 clubs, 1 run by Aquanet, the other by Pacific Aquiria. Choose your side...

Pies

mate that would be SO SILLY...

This is where the hobby grows up imho and says it wants one united club of interested people, have an elected committee and if the members so wish, exclude commercial interests from control of thier club....

Meetings should be held on completely neutral ground to enable everyone to attend. Yes everyone. even with our differences we will be stronger together.

What do others here think?????

will it be possible for this control to be passed to an independant chairperson/committee etc so that the club is not controlled by commercial interests....

That has to be the top comment of the year RnB! Could not agree more.

I believe Alois was organising the club up in Auckland a few years ago, then when he began importing, he gave up control to Nick to avoid any potential conflicts of interest. Now that Steve and Nick are importing I think they should do the same. Plus, as far as NZMAS is concerned, I have heard nothing. What's going on? Have they given up now that they have contacts to try and sell their stuff direct to? Or do they not have time? Maybe it's time for someone else to take control.

Layton

well i dont know any of them so my vote is for the one with the coolest avatar (oh wait thats probably Iduncan at the moment)

is this for the leader of the auckland club????

i dont care but i would like to come to the meetings how about making them later afternoon on sundays

calvin is a keen lad,

The task of getting the club running is an organisational one.....

focus needs to be

Easy to plan your attendance.

Regular meetings, I say monthly. possibly on a day that out of toweners could vists, sundays mentioned. Meetings advertised 2 months in advance and not changed! If the date is advertised long enough in advance, it will be up to you to move other things etc.

Neutral central venue,

I will ask 2 venues at westhaven what they charge.... I am sure others have ideas. cheap, cheerfull and easy parking/motorway access...

Educational

I would like to hear from someone who has breed and raised clownfish.....

sure others have questions/topics.

Networking

Place to meet and discuss our hobby......

Buy/Sell/Trade/frag swap etc

Lets do it, anyone can sell anything, at any price they want......

Lower the better 8)

ALL WELCOME TO SELL AT THESE MEETINGS.

other ideas?

we need to get our act together, one day we may have make submissions to govt over imports etc... without some formal structure in place, it would be hard to be taken seriously.

I will ask ponsonby and victoria yacht clubs about venue/bar, they all need the revenue these days.....

to be honest tho I am trying to cut down :wink:

We seem to to the mill around and chat thing really well...

If we started with the formals, organised a datashow and did a presentation or two.... then did the mill around thing/buy/swap etc...

I think it would develope quite quickly.....

STEVE - did you incorporate or whatever the club?