AUCKLAND REEF CLUB

reef

I am all for the idea of an all NZ reef club. This will give us a better scope of people that are interested and force us not to forget our fellow reef keepers. I am also for a more formal club as I think that it being very "loose" might cause people to drop out. In saying this, I am not taking a stab at anyone.

I would like to see us all stand together for a change. Kids are not a problem as I have none. I will even go as far as to say that the wives might want to meet each other and have a go at us about our hobby if they want. These are minor issues that we can sort out.

I will do all that I can to get the club up and running smoothly, but this can only be done if everyone is going to stand together.

Do I have your support on this??? This invitation goes out to all the reef keepers in this lovely country. :D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the emails guys. looks like we will have a good number attending so now i will get a suitable venue.

At the meeting we can decide were to go to next so we have time to organise.

I will be in touch via your emails.

If round the bays date thats not so good.

After that is easter and everyone will away.

possible sunday the 3rd april?

Reef - I think its better not to focus on what NZMAS may have been etc. If we focus on building a club that will hold peoples attention going forward then we all win.

we could remove the issue of who owns the email list etc by sending out the email address of you/mick/steve regularily to members and asking them to contact you guys if they so wish. That way you will both have simultaneouis access to new members or people who have shown interest.

I am not being critical of the past, but personally i am looking for a little more then a bbq and talking with other reefers, i do them already.

I would like to learn more from those that understand/experienced the more advanced aspects of the hobby.

I for one would love to hear you speak about your marine fish breeding experience.

Peter

Alois - I get to Auckland enough that I would like to be included/invited to these meetings. I may not be able to attend all of them, but certaily many of them.

Can you please include me on any mailouts please?

Thanks.

Pie

chimera, thats the guts of a post above.

We pull from a diverse community that likes time to plan etc. especially so they cam come up from central north island..........

Regular meetings, with dates posted well in advance.

I have family in Hamilton so would be keen to drive up if it was there. Might be able to offer some locals a lift, if the date suited me.

Think your biggest problem will be convincing the Aucklanders that the earth doesn't end at the bombay hill.