And for my second book....

Stella

Well I have just about sold out completely of my first book (I will reprint later in the year) and on the strength of that I have been asked to write a fieldguide to the freshwater fishes of New Zealand! :smln:

The photographer is Rod Morris (wooo!) and publisher is New Holland! I have been finding the people there fantastic to deal with, and am really looking forward to learning the process of working with a publisher and editor.

The contract is all signed and the writing is underway.

The cover below is just me being silly, but you will probably recognise the series, it is in every bookshop, museum shop and conservation-y visitors' centre in the country!

Slide1.jpg

(I did put in a request though that the cover HAD to be a native fish, otherwise I wouldn't be able to show my face in fishy circles again)

The only unfortunate part is you will have to wait till December next year to get a copy, but at least it will make it easy to choose what you want for xmas! ;)

Do you get to follow Rod around when he takes the pics? :wink:

I certainly hope so! He lives in the South Island and I will stay with him at the end of the year when finishing up both my book and my current travel plans. I will try not to hero-worship too obviously ;)

I took him out fish-hunting a few months ago in New Plymouth, really nice man!

Seriously proud of you Stella, now all you need is a tractor to storm parliment and bang some heads over the whitebait industry and you will become a household name :D

P.

Don't give her ideas :rotf:

Looking forward to book number two Stella!

• 1 month later...

book is coming along WELL! I am learning so much and having a great time travelling around meeting scientists and fish.

I know I have been slack posting photos here, but I have been posting them to my fishy facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Zeal ... 1091536561 or search 'New Zealand Native Fish'

I hit the South Island in a week - look out! :digH: