March 6, 201214 yr comment_475543 Hi! I am looking on feedback on my new planted aquarium hardscape: And these will be some of its plants: Thanks in advance! Report
March 6, 201214 yr comment_475546 That is a cool chunk of wood! Very smart rock on the left too. Report
March 6, 201214 yr comment_475573 Looks good. Your plants have been grown emersed and will need good light to convert to submersed. What is the yellow one? Report
March 6, 201214 yr Author comment_475582 Thanks guys! I'll try my best on this one Looks good. Your plants have been grown emersed and will need good light to convert to submersed. What is the yellow one? The yellow is Lysimachia Aurea - it goes greenish submersed, I think. Report
March 7, 201214 yr Author comment_475648 Really a bog plant--best keep an eye on it. Don't you recommend to use it? Report
March 7, 201214 yr comment_475651 Nothing wrong with it, it grows perfectly fine submerged It does need decent lighting though. Report
March 10, 201214 yr Author comment_476061 Hi, I went to Animates today and found a Driftwood that loved... so, I decided to try a hardscape with it. Let me know which one you prefer, please! This would be the look after planting: Report
March 10, 201214 yr comment_476078 I'd go for the one on the right, but without the plants in the centre behind the wood. But it's your tank - go for the one you like best! Report
March 10, 201214 yr comment_476080 I'd go for the one on the right, but without the plants in the centre behind the wood. Yep I agree Report
March 11, 201214 yr comment_476140 I vote for the one on the right.. Looks more like a Japanese-style hardscape. The one on the left looks a bit 'unbalanced'.. Report
March 11, 201214 yr comment_476165 they are both good, you're asking us to compare apples to apples the left side is more cohesive because it's all bits that match and the plant layout suits the wood the right side is more creative and natural looking and I personally like it better. You could move the round blob plant to the back corner behind the rock also Squirt's idea is the best so far :smln: Report
March 11, 201214 yr comment_476166 i know get a bigger tank and you can have both at each end of the tank... :digH: :spop: :gigl: i like both styles...leve the plants out.. whte sand and some small ciclids ..whould be cool.. Report
March 11, 201214 yr comment_476214 I like the composition of the one on the left because it is off centre, and I think has nicer lines which lead you into the tank, but the second also has great potential as a more Iwagumi styled tank. Best of luck, look forward to seeing it planted out! Report
March 14, 201214 yr Author comment_476580 Thanks guys! Following your suggestions, I'll do doing both - one indoors and one outdoors Report
April 15, 201214 yr Author comment_480605 Hi! An update. As suggested, I've started both aquariums. Here you can see the pictures: Island style Ryoboku style Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.