Fav wanted plec

jamosfish

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know I could get them but they cost a bomb! :o

Also they wouldn't be very helpful if I was trying to breed my Apistos because they'd eat the fry :lol: If I had more tanks then I'd get into plecs seriously, because they are so awesome and are also one of the few types of fish where there are little or no man-made colour morphs or hybrids which is good for me because I don't like mutations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

haha

there is a list on one of the topics.

your main problem is that importing one pleco is too expensive, importing lots of little ones - you need to sell them. find a supplier.

but hey, maybe someone here will eventually just do it.

who knows.

:thup:

Correct, P. suttoni, pic taken from here. Ashdavid is a collector and photographer in Japan who has some absolutely amazing fish and tanks (like Snowy, and this 7000L tank) and used to post pics on MFK occasionally, but after constantly being hounded for other pics, full tank shots etc, as well as being tall-poppy-chopped he seemed to stop a few years back, unfortunately.

But back to the plecos....

people claiming the fish weren't as big as claimed, photos faked because they had been "photoshopped" (ie shot in RAW by a professional photographer and edited), demanding to see full tank shots etc etc, the last few pages of these two threads sum it up really; link, link.

Amazing fish :hail: Quite sad really that some people scared him out of posting pictures.

Yeah I forgot to mention they are actually are on the allowed list, and were (IIRC) available once upon a time many many moons ago, but not all that popular as the other "fancies" were far prettier with their stripes and spots and colours. Amazing what an export ban, greatly reduced supply and the internet will do for the popularity of a species, I think you'd be lucky to pick one up for much under US$5-600 now...